• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can this be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, you want to measure the CPU, not the area in the socket. lol ;)

Also, look at my temps with water - the thermisters obviously aren't very accurate, but I achieve those temps that are in my sig.

How are you measuring your temps?

Based on everything I know, which is not everything, it is impossible to dissipate that much heat with air cooling.

The BEST heatsinks on the market right now have a C/W rating of .17 or so on mobos.
i am using the motherbord temp sensoes and a Raytek Raynger ST Pro Temperature Sensing Laser to get my temps

i am using an slk 800 and a smartfan 2 on it

laser temp is a lil lower (1c)

TLKfatman said:

i am using the motherbord temp sensoes and a Raytek Raynger ST Pro Temperature Sensing Laser to get my temps

i am using an slk 800 and a smartfan 2 on it

laser temp is a lil lower (1c)

Do you have any pics of the inside of your case ???

I would love to see how your setup is working, if you really have those kind of temps I need to do some work...

I gotta get my temps like those.

My temps are usually 28c mobo and 45c cpu at full load...

Wish I could have a 1c differential with air...

my CPU/MB temp is usually within 3-4 C of each other. (it really shoots up when i overclock it though) and i know the sensor is making good contact with the proc because i put thermal paste on it :)

Do you have any pics of the inside of your case ???

I would love to see how your setup is working, if you really have those kind of temps I need to do some work...

I gotta get my temps like those.

My temps are usually 28c mobo and 45c cpu at full load...

Wish I could have a 1c differential with air...

ill take some and post them as soon as i can get a scanner that i can use

i think u just need to clean up your case to improove air flow and put a really good hs with as2-3 on it

TLKfatman said:

ill take some and post them as soon as i can get a scanner that i can use

i think u just need to clean up your case to improove air flow and put a really good hs with as2-3 on it

I have an Alpha PAL 8045 with a Delta 80mm...

I have 2 x 120mm intakes in the front and 2 x 92mm exhaust in the back plus the two PSU fans and a slot cooler for my vid card.

I have wrapped all the PSU wires in heatshrink and tied them to the side and bottom of my Antec 1040SX case. I also took all the IDE cables and ran them behind my mobo to have as much clear space as possible. I am also using AS 2 on my Alpha...

I am pretty sure that I can't do better with air cooling. I have so much air flow through my case that cigarette smoke gets sucked in from 2 metres away. And it sounds like I have a vacuum cleaner on my desk. Seriously the 2 x 120mm fans drown out the screaming Delta with ease...

that sounds nice
but i done know how good the Alpha PAL 8045 work
i would think the black paint would not be good for heat transfer
so the only thing i would think about is to get a better hs

is there artic silver on that hs?
is it smooth and flat?

It is quite possible to have the same CPU temp as motherboard these are my temps I have an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ with an SLK-800 with Sunon 80mm 50.6 CFM fan I have 3 fan's on intake and 2 fan's on exaust (4 if you include PSU). In a Chieftec Dragon DA-01SLD Full tower ATX Case. These are my acual temps unedited.

BTW: I live in Massachusetts and I have 2 window fans blowing into my room my room is litterally in the upper 50's in Farenghiet (sp?) Thats why my processor temps are so low.

hold alt and press print screen, but make sure u click on the mbm dashboard window first, then go to a program like paint and go to edit paste, in my case i use photoimpact.

ps i doubt those are load temps cause his cpu load says 0

Back