• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What computer *don't* the competitors have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And you said you were done for awhile... HA!
You've got us drooling all over the place here, you know you'll have to run some benchmarks :D

Subscribed. I love systems like this.

How much does it weigh? A senior member called Flounder43 (IIRC) once had something similar (6 CPUs?) and had to get help to get it up his stairs.

Subscribed. I love systems like this.

How much does it weigh? A senior member called Flounder43 (IIRC) once had something similar (6 CPUs?) and had to get help to get it up his stairs.
It is 2-3mm steel, so it is extremely heavy. When I moved, I used one of those fridge movers to haul it around, which works really good. I'd say 100+ lbs easily. Gateway rated it at 113 lbs, I think.

How many/what kind of slots that monster have? PSUs?
The original thread I created when I got it is here:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607094

5 EISA slots
8 PCI slots

4 power supplies in a 3+1 configuration (3 live and one hot spare) rated at 350w/e. Gives a "live" total of 1050w for the system and 1400w total.

Last edited:
There are actually jumpers, but I need to see what they do. Some modes are documented on the inside panel, but one set it not. I figure that might be over what it is rated for in case Intel decided to release a faster processor.

EDIT: Aww, I forgot to take pictures of the RAM card. I'll try to remember to do that later tonight.

Neat. What's it got for video?

I have a pair of lonely Voodoo 2 cards with SLI bridge I bought cheap for a retrorig I never got around to building ;)

Video is some 16 color card. I'd have to get the exact model after installing Windows.

Started it up today and it just sat at the loading screen with no bars. I'm reinstalling now to see if that helps.

i am sure that you are spoiled by modern windows install times :) even though the win2k install time was faster than windows 98, it can't really even come close to how fast windows 7 installs.

i am sure that you are spoiled by modern windows install times :) even though the win2k install time was faster than windows 98, it can't really even come close to how fast windows 7 installs.

if you're not using stripped OSes you're doing it wrong. 10 minute installs ftw.

so you're saying you can get a windows 2000 install to be slimmed down to 10 minutes on a pentium 200 (even if it is a 5 cpu system)? i would like to see that :D

Hah, no, but I can do XP in 10 and vista in 15 on 7200rpm drives :D

you are talking something completely different here due to the age of the hard drive involved let alone the rest of the system. personally, i don't waste my time 'optimizing' windows installs because i don't do them very often so that extra 10 minutes i may spend on the occasional install isn't worth my time in optimizations. i suppose it would be a completely different story if i reinstalled frequently though...

thiddy: once you get win2k installed, i'd like to see some atto benchmarks on that old hdd. should be interesting ;)

Me too, but Windows refuses to run on this. Linux has no issues. :-/

sounds like a sign to me :D

Back