• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think of this Mobo as a replacement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Choose the board you wish. But one reason the Gigabyte boards don't have said MemOK button is because they have dual physical bios roms. I've only ever had to reset my Cmos once and that was because I had issues after a bios flash. With dual bios roms, if the first bios has an error, it reads from the second and resets the first.

I can list numerous tweaking and tuning utilities for Gigabyte boards. Try Here.

And finally most Amd cpu's won't run 2000mhz ram unless the timings are horrible. As much as I would like to see Amd running 2000mhz @ 6-6-6-22 like intel does, it's just not going to happen. You're Pi's will likely run 2000mhz around Cas 8-9. I would much rather run 1600mhz @ cas 6 anyway since it performs better in basically every benchmark. :shrug: Facts are facts.

Ohhh yeah! And this is actually helpful. Just letting you know that none of the Amd boards support a memory divider of 2000mhz so you will have to run a ref. clock of 250. It's not a set and forget thing like intel. Ask around mate. It says 2000 (O.C.) for a reason.

This.

I was in the market for an 890FX board, and price was no object. However, I didn't feel like absolutely blowing my money on the UD7 since i'll never run 3 vid cards, and the special heatsink is just a gimmick. that being said, with price not a factor, I had to choose between the UD5 and the Crosshair, and ultimately chose the Ud5. Primaryily because of the dual bios...which is juts a must have in my opinion in today's day of overclocking...what's a cmos reset? :p

p.s. oh, and put off by the asus nb overheating due to bad heatsink application. Yea, you can reseat...but why should i have to?

p.p.s. and even though I have a windowless case...blue > red :)

Good try but I doubt it'll help ... ;)

BTW - Even Paint can trim pics ... :D

Thanks Ice. I was just digging through my Hwbot submission folder and found this so I uploaded without editing. :shrug:

This.

I was in the market for an 890FX board, and price was no object. However, I didn't feel like absolutely blowing my money on the UD7 since i'll never run 3 vid cards, and the special heatsink is just a gimmick. that being said, with price not a factor, I had to choose between the UD5 and the Crosshair, and ultimately chose the Ud5. Primaryily because of the dual bios...which is juts a must have in my opinion in today's day of overclocking...what's a cmos reset? :p

p.s. oh, and put off by the asus nb overheating due to bad heatsink application. Yea, you can reseat...but why should i have to?

p.p.s. and even though I have a windowless case...blue > red :)

I agree completely. Other than the price, the the size of the UD7 is a huge (no pun intended) turn off to me. I would not only have to spring $250 for an Amd board ( :eek: ), I would also have to spring for a full tower case. I think the UD5 is a great board and it still has almost all of the features that the UD7 has, but with a correct size and much better price.

Thanks Ice. I was just digging through my Hwbot submission folder and found this so I uploaded without editing. :shrug:

I agree completely. Other than the price, the the size of the UD7 is a huge (no pun intended) turn off to me. I would not only have to spring $250 for an Amd board ( :eek: ), I would also have to spring for a full tower case. I think the UD5 is a great board and it still has almost all of the features that the UD7 has, but with a correct size and much better price.
I run my browser about 1024 wide and those over-sized pics are a real pain for me. I wish we could get the forum re-sizer to work on attachments. Right now it only works on IMG-bracketed pics ... :(

I change hardware to fast to buy all of the top end uber leet overkill stuff...except video cards...I have a soft spot for them. :D

I run my browser about 1024 wide and those over-sized pics are a real pain for me. I wish we could get the forum re-sizer to work on attachments. Right now it only works on IMG-bracketed pics ... :(

Sorry man. I use Opera in full screen (which still isn't terribly huge on a 1440*900 monitor) and older versions... scratch that. Dug around in the menu. All versions have a "Fit to screen" option that resizes pictures for you. Most of the time it distorts, but at least you don't have to side scroll.

Edit: The new version fixed the flaws of the last. It just resized the picture to around 800 by 450. Much better opera. :clap:

Back