• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what does this error mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so i installed a new cpu into my motherboard and when i boot it up i get the error message in the pic below. i can boot into the bios but after loading the dmi pool data i get the error below. before installing the cpu i reset the bios to fail safe defaults then set them to optimized but i get the error message

edit when i boot into the bios the bios shows my 1tb hdd and 2 80gb hdd only problem is o only have 1 80gb hdd not 2 so bios shows 3 drives instead of 2

errorke0.jpg

Last edited:
Check what mode your SATA controller is in (usually IDE, AHCI, and RAID). When you reset the BIOS, this setting likely changed, which requires a different driver to boot, causing the error. Selecting a different option will likely cause it to work.

Check what mode your SATA controller is in (usually IDE, AHCI, and RAID). When you reset the BIOS, this setting likely changed, which requires a different driver to boot, causing the error. Selecting a different option will likely cause it to work.

would thermal paste on the cpu socket pins cause an error like this cant be sure but i may have gotten some on the pnis when swapping out the cpu for the new one

See post 2.

You likely had it set to ahci upon windows install and default was ide causing this issue when you reset defaults. A repair install fixes that issue. Be sure you are in ahci mode...

Back