• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what if I had lost my DVD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fr3d80000

Hey, does anyone know of a place (or a "usual sources" releaser) where one would download a 100% stock version of windows 7 x64?
I 100% legally own windows 7 x86, and an assortment of people have told me that my product key will work on the 64bit version, but I dont have it.
and as far as I can tell, M$ does not offer it. (which begs the question, what if I lost my dvd??)
I need it bad, as my whole rig is hobbled unless I'm running Ubuntu (which I'm not when I play games) so any help would be appreciated.

i wish i could hug people over the internet.
I was almost ready to buy it again... probably microsoft's endgoal.

"provide" = hidden on an old retailer's unsecured server?
there isnt even linkage to these files on digitalrivercontent.com

Will these Win7 images work with the Product Key from my Dell PC?

The Dell PC's don't come with a re-install OS DVD no more. You're supposed to make ur own, but the Dell program just keeps making coasters (stops near the end of burning image and declares a mistake in the process).

Make an ISO. I keep copies of my Home and Pro versions. Also comes in handy when I am fixing someone's brand name computer and we have to do a complete reinstall. The ISO combined with their key on the sticker does the trick.

Back