• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is going on here!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got home from a friends house and I'll begin troubleshooting shortly....

Also I am gonna try the other PCI-E 6pin power connector.

Alright so I have tried more things

Power pin swap - no go
uninstall Rivatuner - no go (i havn't overclocked the card either)
disable driver signing - no go
uninstall drivers - good
scrub with DriverCleaner - good
install drivers - no go
disable drivers in safe mode and boot into normal - good
enable drivers and reboot - no go

I think it may be these particular drivers... Forceware 169.25 (released December 20, 2007)

where can I get a hold of some older drivers to test out?

I had something like that with a new build lately. For me it was the monitor drivers that came with my 22" . I had to uninstall in safe mode and go with generic monitor drivers to solve the screen going black in Vista. I was also able to replicate the conflict on a xp comp using the monitor drivers with the same forceware drivers.

I had something like that with a new build lately. For me it was the monitor drivers that came with my 22" . I had to uninstall in safe mode and go with generic monitor drivers to solve the screen going black in Vista. I was also able to replicate the conflict on a xp comp using the monitor drivers with the same forceware drivers.

thanks I'll give that a try!

:edited in

I cannot find where to uninstall the monitor drivers and it will not recognize what the monitor is with the GFX card's drivers disabled or when i am in safe mode

Last edited:
have you set your monitor back to 60hz? or made sure its set to 60hz!

that sounds like your problem to me!

when I renable the drivers in normal mode it wont let me adjust the resolution until I reboot... Then I get a blank screen

For the other person reccommending me to adjust the hz of the monitor

should I do it from the monitor as it wont let me do it through windows until the nvidia drivers are running

have you set your monitor back to 60hz? or made sure its set to 60hz!

that sounds like your problem to me!

My monitor wont let me set it to 60hz and when I enable the drivers to try and change my refresh rate it goes black on startup

I have a DMM and I am measuring my rails...

12v at 12.36 (idle) 12.34 (load) same across the rails as far as I can tell

5v at 5.06 (idle) 5.07 (load)

these are different then when i tested them last...

something is going on there!

I have been talking with ocz and I have something lined up for this psu

Did you recently switch monitors? If you go from a higher res to a lower one, you can go beyond your monitor's range which just shows up as a blank screen like you're describing. Not likely, but worth crossing off the list.

It is the same monitor

HANNS-G HW191DPB 1440x900 native and the refresh rate was set to auto while it worked

alright... this is now very annoying!

I have totally reinstalled vista... it worked up until i installed the drivers...

(I have tried 32 and 64 bit respectively to their os and it does the same on both)

I was hoping to have this running by this saturday for some BPA gaming action

im gonna try to send my mobo in for rma as it has been doing some peculiar things that suggeest NB issues..

IO Errors
(keyboard/mouse not detected / lockups) during post as well!!!

so any other ideas or should rma'ing the mobo take care of it

I do not have a dvi-vga adapter and I do not have another video card to test on the system...

Back