• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of RAM goes with a 3770K?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Keep in mind that the binned kits can be tightened down/lowered voltages.
It just depends if you want to have a guaranteed speed out of the box, or if you would rather bin sticks yourself and have the possibility of having to go through multiple sets of ram to get those speeds since they are not guaranteed.

Not to mention waiting for the shipping in Japan. I like the idea that I could hit 2400 with tight timings for a fraction of what Corsairs or even Gskills cost, but I hope by the time I pull the trigger on this order, costs will have come down or the extra hundred bucks won't be an issue.

Both of you have been really great with presenting all these considerations, I never took a serious look at overclocking until recently, so I welcome all your wealth of experience.:clap:

One thing that I also have been forced to consider is that if I really want over-the-top RAM speed and stay dual-channel, it really may be easier for me to stick to 4GBx2 .. and use my "old" computer for my virtual machines. Hey, that's where my binned RAM can go! :rofl:

Back