• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What mouse DPI is best for gaming.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why all of you play FPS games with high DPI?? Its harder to aim that way!!

You are forgetting mouse sensitivity setting in the game. Many top player play with high DPI on the mouse, but low mouse sensitivity in the game, which translates to needing large mouse movements for changing direction quickly (ie moving your whole arm as opposed to a small wrist flick), but precise and smooth aiming when tracking a opponent.

You are forgetting mouse sensitivity setting in the game. Many top player play with high DPI on the mouse, but low mouse sensitivity in the game, which translates to needing large mouse movements for changing direction quickly (ie moving your whole arm as opposed to a small wrist flick), but precise and smooth aiming when tracking a opponent.

Thats how im playing, To do a 360 i need to move from one side of the pad to the other. Im playing CS with 400DPI and 1.9 mouse sensetivity in game.

its quicker and easier when you get used to it. :)
when im playing cod4 i usually probably only move my mouse 2" at most when playing if i drag the mouse all the way across my ice mat id do like 5 360's lol
i just recently got back into playing cod4 in the mouse settings in game im back up to about 35% sensitivity, i used to play at like 90% just slowly bumping it up as i get used to it and realize i need more.

some people prefer low dpi for shooters, but you move so slow by the time you turn around when you hear someone behind you you are dead lol.

Look above, Thats how i play.
Low sensetivity to aim better, In COD you just run and gun most of the time. And you should always check if someone is behind you by listening and turning around.

Back