• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What temps do u guys get with watercooling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cown said:

I was thinking about this radiator (its small and i can fit it almost enywhere :D):
http://www.studiedata.dk/product.asp?product=181&page=1

This Pump:
http://www.studiedata.dk/product.asp?product=222&page=1

This reservoir:
http://www.studiedata.dk/product.asp?product=226&page=1

Thats about all im gonna need right? Have this other page here: What accessories do i need? besides the tubes of corse:confused:
http://www.studiedata.dk/group.asp?group=168

Parts look ok, except for the radiator. It's a black ice extreme if i'm not mistaken. I like the MaxXxpert Mono radiator myself... would fit nicely with the rest of the parts.
Oh for that res... an alu res might have a slight advantage... extra cooling and all that... prolly theoretical but hey. =)

You'll need tubing and some fittings for the pump/res if they don't come with the parts. Just mentally follow the loop to see where you need fittings lol.

Cown said:

Sry i dunno what you mean :eh?: im totally n00b at water cooling... kinda the same if you where giving me specs on a refridgerator :D

BIX? = u mean the shop?

you need a heatercore with a shroud..... = ehh ? whats that...

DAMN i feel kinda stupid :p

BIX = Black Ice Xtreme, the name of that radiator.

Heatercore is a radiator, but pulled from a car. U can use it if you pack it in some material so as to assure good airflow... seems they can be pretty good. Hella ghetto though hahahah.

Holst said:

I think its worth noting the large discrepancy between the temperatures peope are getting on the in socket diode and the onboard Xp diode.

As you can see lyngo is getting a 5*c delta between ambient and CPU, thats obviously a bit low.
I get a much higher delta, yet still a good overclock (for a POS AGNGA)

I
my temp is takin with a digtal doc nothing on board.

rfeng said:
38 deg under full SETI load with 25 deg ambients.
Setup is in the sig.

-JR

Are you running stock waterblock or a TEC. Have same sys not running yet, it has the 226w TEC.

put it right next to the core and tape it down there (not over the top of the sensor) and then put the waterblock on it, my ak 35 sensor its it a few degress colder than the digtal doc sensor

drdingo21 said:
put it right next to the core and tape it down there (not over the top of the sensor) and then put the waterblock on it, my ak 35 sensor its it a few degress colder than the digtal doc sensor

Ahhhh....

I didnt look at your sig closely enough.

Your running at stock speed :D

Your probably reading a bit low, but not quite as much as i though as your CPU is half the wattage of mine.
Still a very nice temp your getting though.

Puer Aeternus said:
Jeez..I am getting 48c on load w/ air cooling and I only have 2 exhaust, vid card fan mod and a duct for my Volcano 7+.

I kinda thought you Water cooling folks would be getting low 30's on load?

youre mother board doesnt have an on die sensor like the hotter water coolers u seeing my temps are in the 44 c idel and 49 load overclocked on 1.87 ghz 1.87 vcore myn reads more acuratly than urs does so youre temps on my board would be in the upper 50's and 60's mayby 70's my friend has really good copper sink and he is in the 70 's on his board (same as my board)

drdingo21 said:

I already put one on my air rig, wasn,t sure about H2o since all that foam rubber goes on there. Thanks for heads up.

everything looks good except the BIX, those arent all that good, you need a heatercore with a shroud.....

FYI that radi is not BIX, it's Black Ice Prime w/ 3/8" tubing.
Black Ice Xtreme is thicker and comes with 1/2" fittings.
BTW i'm wondering if you ever tested BI Xtreme vs a heatercore yourself?

Holst said:

Ahhhh....

I didnt look at your sig closely enough.

Your running at stock speed :D

Your probably reading a bit low, but not quite as much as i though as your CPU is half the wattage of mine.
Still a very nice temp your getting though.
Thx:) oc'ed to 1742 both temps go up 3 degress:D

Hardass said:

I already put one on my air rig, wasn,t sure about H2o since all that foam rubber goes on there. Thanks for heads up.
i didn't use any foam, my temps stay above ambient so im fine no condsutation

Back