• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what was the last version of classic CCC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

have a spare PC made of old parts and running an ol R9 270x. i have switched to nvidia years ago, havent kept up with AMD. tried the newest drivers and i guess they now call it AMD Setting or Radeon Software or something? anyways it seems that its causing crashing and i dont need any of this newer programs for streaming or overlays, i jsut want a basic version of CCC. what was the latest version before they completely started switching the looks of it?

tried it before couple times. it would say install complete but then there was no actual program. gonna redownload and extract it. tried 15.11.1 and it must have been an very early version of AMD Setting

edit: still isnt installing CCC. jsut installs the program to install CCC but not CCC itself

edit 2: tried it from a different source and it installed fine and is the older version of CCC. hopefully this fixes some issues

Last edited:
so far with an hour of BF4, i have not crashed since with 15.7.1 which is good.

however GPU only shows up to 50% activity. CPU is at 80%. but im only getting like 50fps at 1080p mid settings. any idea why activity soo low?

Untitled.png

AMD's latest drivers are giving a lot of people fits. (19.12.2 and 19.12.3). Try the previous version. There isn't a need to go that far back in time...

That said, r9 270 wasn't a great card then... but 1080p medium settings and a 3.4 GHz CPU from a few generations back isn't helping. Also check to see some kind of vsync isn't enabled.

ya its an older build made with spare or cheap parts using a X48 chipset on a mobo idk what make or model. has a Xeon CPU X5460 3.16ghz with the 771-to-775 pin mod and overclcoked to 3.6ghz. 8gb 1600fsb DDR3 ram but is underclcokedto 1333 for stability. and the R9 270X which is ok, not amazing. but its only used for older games like Battlefield 4 or older jsut so when im sitting around my shop bored i have a ok computer to use. defiantly not amazing build but was hoping for abit better FPS, especially when GPU only shows 50% useage and CPU is 80%.

Back