• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What're some good audio editing/production programs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GV2NIX

I would very much like to get my hands on some powerful audio editing software. For years I've been using Creative Wave Studio to manipulate audio files. Now that I don't use a Sound Blaster sound card anymore, I install Wave Studio without bad things happening. I don't know if any of you have used it before, but the interface is very intuitive and responsive.

I've tried other audio editing software packages that were recommended like Sound Forge, Audacity, etc...but I'm not happy with any of those. The interface is sluggish, and despite all the bells and whistles, I can't get them to do what I want them to do. I'm not so much into production as I am into editing. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

I think it is in the right part of the forums. I would have said Sound Forge as well the only other one I can think of is (I think) Fruity loops my brother likes that one. I only Rip but I use http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ it's one of the best free rippers the upgrade my have the tools you need not to sure though.

How about Adobe Audition? Been using it for a while now, well even before it was Audition, remember Cool Edit pro? Works great, not free though.

VeneFicus said:
How about Adobe Audition? Been using it for a while now, well even before it was Audition, remember Cool Edit pro? Works great, not free though.

Haha, yeah I'll bet :p I've never even seen it before. Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks!

Back