• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats happening with my mobo bios?!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

combo

Yesterday i was messing around with the cpu multiplier and well, i was just testing my cpu (FX-8320E) and while doing the overclock i never touched the voltage, i didnt want to mess up my mobo (GA-78LMT-USB3) because i have read that increasing the voltage can be harmful for that low end mobo.
so i didnt want to save the OC and returned to the bioss to reset the settings to default, like they were before i started the OC, and then i noticed that the cpu vcore voltage was set at 1.4 volts, and that was the lowest option, i know because as soon as i saw it i tried to change it, but it didnt let me, so i made a stress test to see if the voltages were that high, but no, cpu-z, HWmonitor, speed fan, all of them show that my voltage doesnt go above 1.272, the normal setting that i had before, so i want to know, which one is wrong, the bios or the monitors???? sorry for the long post, but i´m totally concerned

003.jpg

as you can see the voltage is too high

- - - Updated - - -

ok, i dont know how to post an image, im new to this site

Well I'm not familiar with that equipment in specific but normally bios issue can be addressed by clearing the CMOS. If that does not work you will sometimes need to pull the battery as well.

As for the picture use the button 4 to the right of the emotican at the top of the toolbar. (Sorry I'm mobile or I would post a screenshot.)

It resets the mobo settings back to factory original (assuming bios is not corrupted). Other than that unless you physically damage something while trying to remove it you should not have any problems.

hw monitor and cpu-z show it correctly?
then I would trust those.
the chip tells the bios what vcore it wants when running at whatever speed.
you don't have anything to worry about, it sounds like everything is acting normal.

ok, i just noticed that cpu-z shows that the idle voltage is 1.3-1.4, so it is high, should i worry about that? my temps are all normal and nothing acts strange

To put everything back to default use F5 in the bios. That's most Asus, yours maybe different but it'll tell you somewhere on the bios page

To reset the CMOS, remove the battery and jumper the CMOS clear header for 5-10 sec, then remove the jumper and put the battery back.
20141215150315_big.jpg.png

Back