• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats the best cooiler for under 35bucks for a haswell i7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is the zalman cnps10x any better then 212 evo? cause have seen it priced for 30 at some places.

i have a old school zalman 9500led how much better are these solutions compared to what i got? i can maybe manage 45bucks but wanna keep it no more then that

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo beats the Zalman CNPS9500 by a lot. At Frostytech the 212 Evo scored 12.8°C above ambient on AMD and the CNPS9500 scored 23.8°C above ambient on AMD (CNPS9500 only has test results for AMD there). Not too surprising though considering that the 212 Evo is using much newer technology (it came out in 2012), when the 9500 came out in 2005.

The CNPS10X scored 13.9°C above ambient on AMD, to the 9500's 23.8°C.

So, the CM Hyper 212 Evo beats the Zalman CNPS10X by 1.1°C. If you add another fan to the 212 Evo then it will likely perform even better, whereas with the CNPS10X you are limited to just one fan.

Also, I've used the CNPS9500 LED before and I found its fan to be loud and annoying at full speed. The one I used had a high-pitched whine to it when the fan is run at full speed. I upgraded to a Thermalright Ultima 90 and found it to be cooler and much quieter in the same pc (using Zalman ZF9225ASH and Yate Loon D90SM-12 fans).

Last edited:
Cooler Master came out with 212 in 2009 and has made no major changes in their heatpipe or cooler design. There is very little difference in them.

Besides added support for socket 2011, from Maximum PC's review of the EVO:

"In short, the Evo is identical to its predecessor in every aspect but one: Where the 212 Plus’s heat pipes meet the cooler’s contact plate, small gaps reduce the surface area that is in direct contact with the CPU’s own heat spreader. The bottoms of the Evo’s heat pipes are so flat that these gaps are entirely eliminated."

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/[primary-term]/coo...

Do keep in mind that Frostytech in the same data shows the original Silver Arrow as 0.1c warmer then 212..

I think we can all agree that Silver Arrow, Silver Arrow SB-E, NH-D14, HE01, DeepCool Assassin, BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, NH-U14S, Archon SB-E X2 and PH-TC14PE are pretty much the same... and I think we can also agree they are all better than 212 series coolers.. so how can Frostytech have 212 and Silver Arrow only 0.1c different?

I know it's off subject but FYI the newest heatpipe tech I know of is the ID COOLING heat pipe & vapor chamber design. There is a vapor chamber that sets on CPU with the heat pipes running off of that chamber. Should be interesting to see how well it works.
http://www.pureoverclock.com/2013/07/id-cooling-cooling-technology/

Back