• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get refridgeration fittings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarkS

I'm not really sure of what to ask for. I'm looking for refridgeration specific flare fittings as well as quick release valves for charging ports.

The second part really has me stumped. I've noticed that most A/C manufacturers are crimping the high and low side charging ports rather than putting fittings. This is a problem, and I do not know what the fittings are called or where to find them.

This makes me wish I could just use PVC. I KNOW PVC.

Any help?

Thanks,
Mark

? Details?

If I get you. what you want first is a tube piercing valve to recover the refrigerant, purge the system and solder on (Braze) a 1/4th SAE Flare schraider or if you have a more expensive taste such as my self you'll want some nice high quality base Valves or brass packles hand valves (All SAE Flare, usually from 1/4th to 1/2, but for access it is pretty universal at 1/4th SAE Flare)

its cheaper and easier for them to crimp it rather than throw on a fitting, sometimes you'll find the service port on the compressor has a schrader valve brazed to it. Go check out a Local HVAC or refrigeration place, worst case you'll have to pick them up online, i know runmc is from texas so that woiuld be fast shipping :)

But as Xeon says, More details.

I'd love to give more details, but I can't. I need the fittings that the manifold connects to. I ALSO (completely seperate request) need to know where I can get refridgeration specific flare fittings (tee's, elobows, etc.).

I don't have the A/C yet, so I can be of more help after I get it. I have yet to see a compressor with an service port.

there is no "special" fitting it is a standard SAE Flare, the rest depends on size 3/8th 1/4th 1/2. any hard ware store will have this, at least they do in Canada so go to your local hardware stoor and have a look for flare fitings.

Since you live in San Antonio I'm sure there's a refrigeration store around there somewhere. Where I live it wasn't in the Yellow Pages but I called some HVAC shops and they referred me.

Back