• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which case should I get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I am mainly considering this case for a spare rig, which I might convert to a home server for our music, pictures, video, etc. My main concerns are build quality, cooling functionality, and roominess, all of which this case seems to have. Heck, I think the case I use for my main rig (Antec SLK3000B) is pretty bland (bordering on ugly), but at the time it was by far the best value for a quality case ($50 shipped).

One other idea for the Centurion on the front cover: hide him with stickers? I bet 4 well-placed stickers, such as the ones you get with a new CPU, mobo, case, video card, etc. would cover him up. :p

yeah, as far as the case I think these are built quite well, especially for this pricepoint. The tooless driveholders are really nice...I think they are much better than drive rails and they lock down and hold it tight and secure (no wiggling/vibrations like rails can do)

mantralord said:
EDIT: Here's something that looks good. You may not like the color, but I think it looks fine. Also, don't use the PSU in any of these cheaper cases you buy, if it comes with one.

Considering the price that one looks really good! Th color might look a bit :beer: at first but I think you will easily learn to love it. It doesn't have to be black all the time!

Anyway, imho the Cooler master centurion looks like the safest bet to me.

oh and theres no giant centurion logo on the side of the case... I went to the website and looked at the photos of it there and BEHOLD! no giant centurion head. that makes me begin to consider purchasing the case :)

mcLuskY said:
oh and theres no giant centurion logo on the side of the case... I went to the website and looked at the photos of it there and BEHOLD! no giant centurion head. that makes me begin to consider purchasing the case :)
Smart@##!!! :p

This is the case I'm looking at getting for my next build. I stumbled across it when looking for cases that'll be the right size for me. I really love Lian li, but they have nothing in my size (for a decent price) and this iStar has really grown on me.

Burdman27911 said:
This is the case I'm looking at getting for my next build. I stumbled across it when looking for cases that'll be the right size for me. I really love Lian li, but they have nothing in my size (for a decent price) and this iStar has really grown on me.
Interesting case. One trend that I find disturbing is that so many new cases have vent holes on the side panels to draw in cool ambient air for the video card and CPU. My Antec SLK3000B has these vents, and it is absolutely fantastic from a cooling perspective. However, as I get older I find that I am more sensitive to noise, and these openings on the side panels allow a direct airborne path from the noisy stock coolers on video cards to my ears. I really cannot stand the hair-dryer-like noise, and this 7900GT does not even have hardware fan speed control to keep it in check. If I use a large book to cover up the vent holes, the noise level is drastically reduced, so I know it is signifiant.

For this reason, a requirement for my next case is a closed-off side panel. Ventilation must still be good, though, which unforunately limits me to some pricey cases like the Antec P180.

I'll be watercooling it within a year, so the fan noise isn't going to be too bad from the side panel... and if it is, I'll be modding it in some shape and form.

Back