• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which combo is best???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millhouse

Hey all, im building a rig soon, and have a problem. You see, i was going to get the xp120 with a DFI motherboard but ran into the MSI Neo4 Platinum. I like the MSI alot due to onboard raid 5, but the xp120 wont allow the use of Dimm #1. Is there a way to get by this? Should i just stick with the DFI and buy a raid controller? Which combo is better?

P.S. wasnt sure to post it in cooling or not.

Do you plan on using RAID 5? In your signature, you say you have 3 drives, and that you want to use RAID 0+1. So which are you going to use? I would suggest the DFI without factoring in RAID controllers. Also, if you are going to use 2 RAM modules, I don't see any reason you can't use 2 and 4 and still get dual channel.

oh... whoops forgot to change sig. Thanks for pointing that out. I have been changing things left and right.

Now i plan on using 2 Seagates in Raid 0, until i can get enough money for more HDDs and a raid card.

Last edited:
Back