• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which DDR2 Graphics card to run 2560x1440 IPS monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

New_World

Registered
which card?
I'm a noob.:confused:

-------------------

---Here is my (old) build that I did a while back

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2N5K2/4G

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Case: Antec 900

Disk Drive: Lite-On OEM DVD burner

Last edited:
That will depend entirely what you intend to use it for? Is there a reason you don't want to get a newer card, since most cards with ddr2 memory will have to be bought used and are very outdated.

EDIT: :sn:

That will depend entirely what you intend to use it for? Is there a reason you don't want to get a newer card, since most cards with ddr2 memory will have to be bought used and are very outdated.

EDIT: :sn:

can I use a newer card?
my computer takes ddr2 memory so I figured it will only run ddr2 on the graphics card.

anyway...I'm just using it for internet browsing.

someone help out this noob...:(

Last edited:
can I use a newer card?
my computer takes ddr2 memory so I figured it will only run ddr2 on the graphics card.

anyway...I'm just using it for internet browsing.

someone help out this noob...:(

Your VRAM is different than your system ram. The VRAM is on the graphics card, totally seperate.

Since this is only going to be used for Internet browsing just buy the cheapest card for your system.

His board has onboard video.. But I'm not sure if it's dual link DVI or not.. If it is; you can just use onboard? As long as you have a dual-link DVI cable? I can't find anything on whether its dual link though; or what the max res supported from the board is.

So you've already got all your parts? I question this because you ask 'OR' for your RAM. So you haven't bought anything yet..?

I've already bought that whole build but with only but no graphics card.
I just bought a 27in monitor. So I can get a ddr3 graphics card?

Thanks for the help guys.

You can use any PCIe graphics card you'd like to, the GPU's memory doesn't have to match the CPU's memory.

what graphics card would you guys recommend?
Keep in mind that my power supply is only 400w.

also I would prefer one with a quiet fan or fanless.

thanks

Last edited:
Fix the links above. With all the NewEgg links except for the bottom one, we will get the following error message:

Bad Request

This is because the links are malformed and thus tries to bring up something that don't exist at NewEgg.

Back