• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Gigabyte board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know the differences between them, but wanted to at least reply saying I have the UD5H and love it. Have had no issues and was easy to configure the BIOS and OC my 3570k. I wish the wireless/bluetooth version had been available when I purchased, but unfortunately it was released right after.

The UD5H is probably overkill for my needs, could have gone with an ASRock but I had a good deal on the Gigabyte and don't regret the purchase.

I would get anything Z77 but really almost all boards are overclocking the same and have the same performance so check additional features and pick one that have all that you need ( like enough SATA ports , 1 or 2 LAN cards etc ). There is no point to pay more if you won't use it.

I would get anything Z77 but really almost all boards are overclocking the same and have the same performance so check additional features and pick one that have all that you need ( like enough SATA ports , 1 or 2 LAN cards etc ). There is no point to pay more if you won't use it.

So would you agree the the UD5H is a good choice? Because I was leaning toward that one..

Any will be fine.. even the UD3H. You arent breaking an records so get the cheapest one that suits your needs.

any of the Z77 options would be fine, don't get the H77 as that won't support overclocking.

Any will be fine.. even the UD3H. You arent breaking an records so get the cheapest one that suits your needs.

Hmmm.. Interesting comment... Which brings me to my next question... If I were to break records, what board would you recommend? Is Gigabyte not the board of choice any longer? Educate me please...:grouphug:

any of the Z77 options would be fine, don't get the H77 as that won't support overclocking.
Thank you! I had no idea.!

Good catch Janus on the Hxx mobo...

If you were breaking records the 4 boards I would choose from would be, MSI Z77 MPower, Asrock Z77 OC Forumla, Asus MVE, or Giga Z77 UD7. Of those I prefer the OC Formula... If you are not on extreme cooling I would get one of your Z77 choices above. ;)

Good catch Janus on the Hxx mobo...

If you were breaking records the 4 boards I would choose from would be, MSI Z77 MPower, Asrock Z77 OC Forumla, Asus MVE, or Giga Z77 UD7. Of those I prefer the OC Formula... If you are not on extreme cooling I would get one of your Z77 choices above. ;)

would your definition of extreme cooling include the corsair H100 or any of the ALL-IN-ONE sealed water cooler setups... This is really interesting.. thanks for the reply's... Also did you list those boards in your order of purchase or were they random?

LOL, no. Extreme cooling = sub zero. Water is not extreme cooling.

Random order...Best bang for the buck in boards like that, to me, is the Asrock OC Formula as mentioned.

LOL, no. Extreme cooling = sub zero. Water is not extreme cooling.

Random order...Best bang for the buck in boards like that, to me, is the Asrock OC Formula as mentioned.

Never knew people could run full time sub-zero? Wow.. Interesting.. That's a bit "extreme" for me... Will keep that ASROCK in my cross-hairs now.. Thanks for the lead!

99.9% of people who do extreme cooling only do it for benchmarking for a few hours at a time. There are few that will use a phasechange system as their 24/7 cooling options, but it is highly irregular and pretty risky with the chances of condensation building over time.

Back