• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which radiator? swiftech MCR80 or the Black Ice Micro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DodgeViper said:

Considering that you by all likelyhood did not have any email transactions with ssgohan434 you do not know the complete story. His plan is to add aditional items to be cooled. Those small 80mm cores are not going to handle the load. Additionally to get air moving through those cores are going to take a high speed 80mm fan, along with some screaming sounds.....

Yeah, but my point is that he started out wanting 1 thing and ended up with somethign totaly different. I'm not arguing about whats best for him or his setup, but what I am saying is that you or whoever turned him completely around to something differnt, reguardless of how better it is, you totally changed his inital questionable intent, which was concerning those to 80mm RADS, did you NOT?

i always get turned around whenever i want to do some upgrading lol, this system that i have, i use to have a PIII 700 and i was gonna upgrade the mobo because i had no AGP slot. then everyone here said no point in getting old hardware so then i upgraded everything! every damn thing. (except a LITEon cd rom drive)

lol, thats just what I would have done if I had the money. As you can see, he is doing whatever.

ssgohan434. let me know how it goes with that heatercore.

sure will, but it will be a month before i get water cooling. In about 3 weeks im moving to Seattle, WA. i dont want to get water cooling before that becuz than it will be hard to transport (or so i heard). and also i have to wait till B day (June 3rd before i get the $$$$) to buy this stuff

Yeah, if you want to know how to place an order for a heatercore from DTEK. DodgeViper is the man!

This was meant in the most joking sarcastic way you can possibly imagine. I don't want to hear a word about it ROTFLMAO!

IMHO at this point, just buy the HC and shroud from DTEK and get it over with LoL!

There... DV I said it... Remember this day, I won't say it twice!!!

BTW What exectly are you spending $230 on? I'm curious as to what all you're buying.

Perhaps you could save a little money and get a Gladware shroud instead of a Dtek. Not as nice, but effective. Just do a search on gladware.

Swiftech MCR80 is BI Micro!

which radiator? swiftech MCR80 or the Black Ice Micro?

To clear things up a bit for others viewing this thread. MCR80 = BI Micro

Swiftech is marketing the Bi Micro under a different name that's all :)

Bruce

ssgohan434, I have in the past made offers to first timers to water-cooling. First it helps me clean out discarded equipment that by all likelihood I will not use again, and secondly I like to help those that show a willingness to learn about water-cooling.

If you provide me with your mailing address I will give to you free of charge 1 D-Tek TC-4 water block with the undated aluminum top. This is a two barb top from D-Tek and not either of the three barb tops I had made. Give me a few days to round up everything you will need to mount the block. I will even re-lap the copper bottom before shipping it to you. The TC-4 has proven to be a winner. I have made a few mods to the center channel, having dimpled the center channel over the CPU DIE exposing more surface area and the outer channels have the copper coils that I make and supply to D-Tek.

I hope this helps you achieve your water-cooling goals a little sooner.

whoah, man thanks
is that the one with the aluminum top??? also i read that using aluminum and copper in the same setup is bad, so wouldnt that be a bad waterblock if in the future i got something like a copper chipset water block??? or is that only with tap watter? if no problems, then send it over, man u r a god when it comes to water cooling. that will help with me being over my budget.

edit: the TC-4 is better than the Danger Den Maze 3 right?

Both the TC-4 and Maze 3 are on par with each other. Others have said the the TC-4 outperformed the Maze 3 slightly. The TC-4 has a black anodized top so there is no problem with mixing this water block with a copper heater core.

Back