• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which radiator? swiftech MCR80 or the Black Ice Micro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hate to tell you people but some cases don't fit the chevette heater cores, thats why I was so pi**ed about it when I received mine. There was no way it would fit in my case but now I am building an external setup so I will be able to use it. But as I have said before the cheapest is not always the best choice for people.

And for you people that wonder how it won't fit in my case see the pics...

Inside

I just got my Black Ice Micro 2. I will post results when I set it all up. Still waiting for the white water from dtek. Also I am rebarbing it to 1/2 since it is 3/8.

wannaoc said:
I hate to tell you people but some cases don't fit the chevette heater cores, thats why I was so pi**ed about it when I received mine. There was no way it would fit in my case but now I am building an external setup so I will be able to use it. But as I have said before the cheapest is not always the best choice for people.

And for you people that wonder how it won't fit in my case see the pics...

Inside

This is why you measure and re-measure before buying. I do not recall anyone ever saying that the Chevy Chevette core will fit all case's..... Those pictures are hard on the eyes. I can not gather much info. from either photo......

Remember very few case's are designed for water-cooling. In fact I would guess less than 1/10 of 1 percent is built ground up for water-cooling. You have to mod the case to fit. Click on my link in my sig to see extreme modding to place a core inside a case. I hope you did not just buy the core because someone recommended the core.

Last edited:
Back