• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which radiator? swiftech MCR80 or the Black Ice Micro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Toysrme said:
ssgohan434
Congrats you won a free block!

Nice DV!

ssgohan434, won nothing. There was nothing to win. This was a freebie for someone that needs a little help in putting a system together. I think this forum should have a sticky where all members can post items they will never use again. All long term members have old discarded equipment laying around. Is there a better way to get someone into this hobby?

Last edited:
My current block will soon be replaced by morphling1 block.
http://www.wbhouse.it/pics/schede/wf_cpu_1p.jpg
The link above should give an idea of my current block.

I will give the block for free to anyone that needs it.

I also have 20ft of Clearflex60 1/2 ID 1/16 wall Tubing.
This was sent to me by mistake from an online shop.

Email me if you need any of the above

You know what I mean ;)

I'd agree.

We wrote two Apple IIe's dad bought new for 4 grand (both with daughter cards fo sound)
and a IIGS bought new. That's when dad got ****ed and decided to never go apple again... After the IIGS fiasco.

Definately... This old PII @ 464 is more than up to the task of Windows/Office XP. It can still do gaming... Far more than you would expect with this GF3 from my main rig in it. Actually... I never decided if it was surprizing, or unearthly the new games this thing can still run and actually play fairly well above that...

One of my best friends mom and dad get massive amounts of free old computer parts that she uses in her school. (honors 8th grade Enlgish, and Advanced Placement kids)

I just fixed a PII400 for them. It was having trouble running because the OEM heatsink was overloaded because the duct nearly all non retail bought PII/celeron's used had been broken off. Where abouts unknown.

I'd happily take two celeron's and a BP6 and dip my toes into dual computing...

Personally you're doing a good thing, noone fret though... I'm sure DV's junk/spare parts drawer will always be full ;)

I can't count the number of times I've been saved, and saved other people with the "Good 'ole P90's" 1.13 gig WD hard drive, and *amazing* 2 meg S3 Virge 846 video card LoL!

Last edited:
DodgeViper said:

ssgohan434, won nothing. There was nothing to win. This was a freebie for someone that needs a little help in putting a system together. I think this forum should have a sticky where all members can post items they will never use again. All long term members have old discarded equipment laying around. Is there a better way to get someone into this hobby?
This is the same technique that drug dealers use to hook people ;)

It is called sarcasm…I feel that once you get into water cooling even OC’ing a system your hooked I used the drug dealer term because you are give him his first fix of it for “free” much like drug dealers do to get someone hooked on it I do the same thing to people at my work with USB 2.0 HDD cases I started a group of 3 that is now over 20 and I have been called the same here by many of the guys for getting them into it and even some worse with building mini-itx’s I have never felt in anyway that it was meant to be an insult of any sort just a term of odd worded gratitude

Stedeman
We all got the joke ;)

So I'm wondering how the plans change now that you have some extra money gohan? What 'cha gonna throw it at if I may ask. Better cooling, or something else?

ssgohan434, this is a thread I started. Either method of installing the block once you receive it has it's pro's and con's. Take the time and sort out how you want to approach the mounting. I think you will get a good idea from reading this thread. If you have question feel free to ask or email me.

CLICK

DodgeViper said:

omg this is sooo true. I have 2 huge tubs full of mostly watercooling stuff. To bad most of it is moded 10 times over and would be useless to just everyone. :(

dutchcedar said:
Viper, you da man!!! :p

[Dutch starts tossin' all the "won't be used again stuff" into a box. :D ]

Da man I’m not, but you most definitely fit the mold. I have been keeping a keen eye on your progress and the core I built looks really sweet mounted in that awesome custom case your building. Can’t wait to see the finish working system.

This is modding at it's finest,

CLICK

CLICK

Last edited:
That second pic is great ;)

Oh I don't know DV, I think my case was a standout job for inventiveness when it comes with squeezing a 1250 and a "Man's Heatercore" in a Lian-Li instead of that little Chevette yall cling to!
J/K.

Dude... That's bangup metal work. How'd you form it? I can't tell by the pics.

Toysrme said:
Dude... That's bangup metal work. How'd you form it? I can't tell by the pics.
The progress of the case (and Viper's work as well) is told here... in a thread that started way back in February. It's a rather long thread, but you might might find it interesting. :D

DodgeViper said:
ssgohan434, I have in the past made offers to first timers to water-cooling. First it helps me clean out discarded equipment that by all likelihood I will not use again, and secondly I like to help those that show a willingness to learn about water-cooling.

If you provide me with your mailing address I will give to you free of charge 1 D-Tek TC-4 water block with the undated aluminum top. This is a two barb top from D-Tek and not either of the three barb tops I had made. Give me a few days to round up everything you will need to mount the block. I will even re-lap the copper bottom before shipping it to you. The TC-4 has proven to be a winner. I have made a few mods to the center channel, having dimpled the center channel over the CPU DIE exposing more surface area and the outer channels have the copper coils that I make and supply to D-Tek.

I hope this helps you achieve your water-cooling goals a little sooner.

ssgohan434, as stated above I will honor my words. I finished lapping the block for you and picked up some stainless 6/32 machine screws, brass thumb nuts, nylon washers, springs, and nylon nuts. I will include some additional springs that have a little more tension, but are slightly longer. Either will do though. I believe I provided you a link to how I as well as others mount blocks. You made mention that your mobo indeed has circuits in and around the mounting holes. You may want to use my method of mounting the block. I have included extra nylon washers so if you decided to use the other method that requires cutting the washers to fit around the circuits and placing a nut on top. Below is a photo of the block I will send to you. Please provide me with your mailing address and name through a PM here in OverClockers.

D-Tek Block.jpg

ssgohan434, Glad that you received the block today. Now you need to get the remaining parts together so you can build the water-cooling system....

Back