• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which sensor is which?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arkan

I just put together a new rig and I'm not sure how to interpret the temps speedfan is listing. I've got a 550 BE on a Gigabyte ga-ma785gpmt-ud2h. Speedfan lists 3 temps as just Temp1 Temp2 Temp3 and then a temp labeled Core. Temp2 matches up with what Easytune gives for a cpu temp which I'm assuming is the motherboard temp sensor as it still works when I unlock my other two cores. But I'm confused as Temp2 is always hotter than the temp listed as Core with the difference increasing as load increases. Temp3 almost matches Temp2 at idle but it only goes up about 5 degrees under full load instead of the ~18 degrees Temp2 increases under load. Then temp1 barely moves. So I'm guessing core = the diode reading, temp1 is the air temp sensor on the motherboard, temp2 is the motherboard cpu sensor, and temp3 is the northbridge. If I'm correct then do I trust the cpu diode reading or the higher reading of the motherboard cpu sensor? At stock clocks on the boxed cooler I get a high of 46 while folding on the diode reading but the other cpu sensor shows 55. I just upgraded from a 939 rig so I don't really have a frame of reference to know which temp reading is normal for this cpu with this cooler. Any help would be appreciated.

now get core temp , real temp or Everest , all those reported correct CPU temps for me . i had a 790 Gx mobo , and had 3 mobo sensors as well , now to find out which is the NB is easy just load up futuremark while using the IGP( windowed mode only ) and see which temp raises the most , that your NB . The other 2 for me were AUX which i take was air temp in the case and cpu socket temp , to distinguish those open side of your case and point a box fan at your case while loading prime , the temp that will raise will be cpu mobo censor the other one would be aux , hope that helps:)

I was able to sort out which one went to what but now I need to find a way to find out which temp sensor for the cpu is wrong because there's more than a 10 degree difference at load between them. I know the diode *should* be more accurate but I'm worried about burning up the cpu because of the high temp the other cpu sensor is reading.

Back