• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You win

H80I Corsair

I've heard they work OK. Don't think it'll help you get too much higher on the FX though. Maybe 4.65, the higher you go with this chip the more voltage it takes to get the next 100Hz. Everytime more power. As an example to get stable at 4.9 I was at 1.58v. Way too much for anything more than to say I did it.

I think i did buy the wrong one :chair:

Won't really make much difference Oldie, Yes the H100i would have been more suitable but to get the really high clocks you need a real water loop and a 360 rad.

Won't really make much difference Oldie, Yes the H100i would have been more suitable but to get the really high clocks you need a real water loop and a 360 rad.
I was looking also to the 100 and the cooling specification where the same as the h80.

The seller say the 100 has some sensors in it.

now I'm confused:facepalm:

I was looking also to the 100 and the cooling specification where the same as the h80.

The seller say the 100 has some sensors in it.

now I'm confused:facepalm:

The 100's rad is also twice the size with 2 fans instead of one. The salesman may have been a bit misleading. No biggie you can always exchange them if you want to. Just before you do anything you'd have to figure out if it would fit in your box. I have an Antec 1200 and had a heck of a time with mine. Looks to me like you ould put a double in the top. The second considerstion is cooling the NB and VRM section. But I think you could cover that with the side fans?

Ok dont know what the do, bring it back to the store and going further with the aircooling.
And change the airflow so you let show at the picture, but about these fans Johan?

Edit : ok these fans for NB

Attachments

• 4647_10_corsair_carbide_series_300r_mid_tower_case_review.jpg
    4647_10_corsair_carbide_series_300r_mid_tower_case_review.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 215
4647_10_corsair_carbide_series_300r_mid_tower_case_review.jpg

At this point I wouldn't use the side panel fans. Do you have the fans doubled up on your air cooler?

The 100's rad is also twice the size with 2 fans instead of one. The salesman may have been a bit misleading. No biggie you can always exchange them if you want to. Just before you do anything you'd have to figure out if it would fit in your box. I have an Antec 1200 and had a heck of a time with mine. Looks to me like you ould put a double in the top. The second considerstion is cooling the NB and VRM section. But I think you could cover that with the side fans?

The salesman told me also that the 100 makes problems with the Dram there was not enough room for the 100.

The salesman told me also that the 100 makes problems with the Dram there was not enough room for the 100.

I'm pretty sure that's BS. Was the 100i on sale or something? I can't see why they would tell you these things! The block and pump might be slightly bigger but not enough to interfere with anything. :screwy:

The only way I could see The H100 i may interfere with the ram is if the rad and fans were to hang too low in the case and touch at the top. But i'd get my money back and make do with what you have for now. You really won't see too big of gains.

Ok I have a meeting in an hou or so . Timing might be off. I'll be around. You gonna try that cooler any way?

Back