• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
These are the test results with the new setup

It could be stable but not good enough for Package tempatures

Attachments

• nn.jpg
    nn.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 196
Well we can try a couple things to bring the temps down abit. See if you can drop the V-core anothe notch.

Well we can try a couple things to bring the temps down abit. See if you can drop the V-core anothe notch.
Fail with 1 notch lower V

I have also try it before with lower the NB/V and fails again, i rerturned to 1,25 V

Attachments

• faillll.jpg
    faillll.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Yep looking at that shot the voltage is way too low by the number of workers that failed. If you still want to use that ram we may or may not have to keep the NB_CPU volts up. So we can drop the multi and volts back to 4.5 work on the 4 sticks if you want, see if we can stabilize that. I don't think we'll find enough savings to run 24/7 at 4.6. With better cooling you'll only get another 1 to 200 Mhz at best any way. At 4.64 and 1,47 my AIO keeps it around 45° just to give you an idea.

Yep looking at that shot the voltage is way too low by the number of workers that failed. If you still want to use that ram we may or may not have to keep the NB_CPU volts up. So we can drop the multi and volts back to 4.5 work on the 4 sticks if you want, see if we can stabilize that. I don't think we'll find enough savings to run 24/7 at 4.6. With better cooling you'll only get another 1 to 200 Mhz at best any way. At 4.64 and 1,47 my AIO keeps it around 45° just to give you an idea.

What do suggest for a better cooling johan?

Edit : My wife killing me

That's the point is it worth another $100 to gain at most a couple hundred HZ. Short of going with a full water loop, you're limited to a decent AIO like the H100i or the Thermaltake extreme. Swiftech has their H2O that's "expandable" but personally I wouldn't spen $150 on one. If you find something on sale it might be worth it. In the end the choice is yours. You can gain a bit and still run cooler or settle in at 4.5 and get it running properly. At these clocks they perform very well for day to day computing.

^This: if you can get the H100 instead of the H80 for €10/€15, fine. If not, keep the H80. Even a custom water loop might limit you at 4.9/5GHz: not worth the €200 spent for 3/400MHz extra.

Or you can: sell the MoBo, return the FX8350 and the H80, keep your air cooler and get a €200 4670k with a €130 Z87 MoBo. You'll be around €50 out of your pocket.

That's the point is it worth another $100 to gain at most a couple hundred HZ. Short of going with a full water loop, you're limited to a decent AIO like the H100i or the Thermaltake extreme. Swiftech has their H2O that's "expandable" but personally I wouldn't spen $150 on one. If you find something on sale it might be worth it. In the end the choice is yours. You can gain a bit and still run cooler or settle in at 4.5 and get it running properly. At these clocks they perform very well for day to day computing.

ill will be back in 30 Minutes

I'm with tungureanu I still think it needs more that the H80i but even that might be better than the cooler you're using now. You can always try it out and exchange it if it doesn't suit you. Decent fans make a big difference too. That rad looks fairly thick so something with some good static pressure. I changed mine for the Corsair enthusiast SP and made quite a difference.

Off for home

I think honestly you should return the H80 for refund and put your money on a newer faster video card. If you are not going to an expandable system you will never reach the magic 5.0Ghz stable benchmark of overclocking with a CLCL cooler. You would get more good out of a newer performance video card since most are into gaming.
RGone...

I think honestly you should return the H80 for refund and put your money on a newer faster video card. If you are not going to an expandable system you will never reach the magic 5.0Ghz stable benchmark of overclocking with a CLCL cooler. You would get more good out of a newer performance video card since most are into gaming.
RGone...

Wow Rgone

As I understand it if you want extreme overclocking that you also need a fast video card.
The video card is not really new, but I thought he was pretty fast.

Oldie

Something strange i guess

why Dram ref Cycle time 300 when i set it on 160? can this make some trouble?

Attachments

• 130625220259.BMP
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
earthdog might be able to speak to the video cards better than I can but, I think a good NVidia card and 4.5 will make a very good gamming rig, you have an 6850, don't bother with a 7770........or a 7850 for that matter.
gamming with my cards, I can game well all the way down to 4.2 the only way I really notice a change is to swap cards, don't bother with crossfire or sli just a later generation single card.
want to see what cards are bettering which card, just click the link to the overclocktogon and look at the leaderboard.
your air cooler is doing as well as most all in one water units and better than a lot we see.

Like i said earlier the extra cash isn't worth the return. Believe me I'm living it.

Back