• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoa guys do you use this fan to cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bet you only make that mistake once

Nope... I made it twice with one of my Nidecs... First time it lifted my finger nail right off the flesh.... Second time (about a week later) it damn near broke my thumb... I guess I'm a slow learner :bday:

That San Ace Beast I have could probably take a finger off with the high rpm fan on it. One of those impellers spins at better than 6000 rpm. I definitely don't run it without fan guards because not only would it cripple you, it also has a very powerful suction and will pull stuff in from several inches away when it is running at full blast.

They are almost impossible to find nowadays, as I think Delta quit making them.

The model number for the 12v DC version is : GFB1212VHW

There are more powerful fans out there than that one though. But the noise of these high powered fans will drive you nuts too, for full time operation. Believe me, I know from experience.:D

You can get them at digikey... The catch is... You need to order 1,008 of them @ $35.65 each, and expect to see them on June 21st. As you put it, there is better offerings. Unless of course if you want to create a space time vacuum, or a hovercraft. Having a fan batch manufactured to order is not obscene.

Back