• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why am i seeing RGB hate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Car analogies... lol..

I get you, but baaaaad example. Everyone needs and eventually uses a horn. Maybe its like the spoiler on the back you cant remove as an option. ;)

i hear ya but if you do the math, you figure mayyybe 5% of pcs in the world get upgraded even semi regularly. so we ocers, gamers, early adopters get hosed religiously when we upgrade. for no other reason than we HAVE to! so if im going to get hosed either way im going with the option that offers the best in all worlds. including aesthetics. remember the old argument used to be bah LIGHTS on fans you gotta be kiddin me!?! why would anyone want THAT? its just the way pcs have evolved. tbh it was an inevitable evolution. get the fan with lights that performs well or get the fan thats brown and ugly and performs period.
car analogies are actually about as close as i can come to anything that resembles the pc crowd. you either like your engine blinged out or you dont. its either chrome wheels or black stock. it just keeps evolving according to what the 5%ers want. its cool that we are so utterly powerless...to buy buy buy.

Car analogies... lol..

I get you, but baaaaad example. Everyone needs and eventually uses a horn. Maybe its like the spoiler on the back you cant remove as an option. ;)

It is not a car nalogy on features or technology, but on consumer behaviour, lol! So this one works! :rofl:

I used to like lights and bling when I first started building, but now the only colors I need or want are from a large UHD monitor. I don't feel the need to look through a case window at the parts anymore than I would want a transparent hood so I could stare at my car engine while driving. I wouldn't mind an RGB backlit ergonomic keyboard though. My MS Explorer trackball mouse has a pleasant red ring that glows at night.

My current living room is about 9 1/2' x 8'. My rig is also my HTPC and TV tuner. I have to look at it, so I want it as entertaining to watch as it can be. It's fighting for recognition with a 43" display and a pair of 4' speakers and 60 lbs. of audio gear. So its gotta have some bling. :attn:

Only thing i liked about that video was the music, that is one UGLY setup :rofl:

It's a beautiful setup, do I ever want to build something even remotely close to it? NO, period. The farthest I go with lights is my keyboard and mouse. My pc is just a black box designed to be silent, all the RGB I have is removed if possible otherwise disabled with exception to the AIO which turns red when my system gets to warm, same goes for the GPU. My Athlon retro rig on the other hands :giggles: that one is full of subtle red leds(because it's nostalgia for reasons)

idk about you guys but i use my horn all the time people are terrible drivers.

When I was still riding I had twin horns from an early 70s Cadillac on my bike. One tuned low, one tuned high. Nothing like watching a brain dead Prius pilot try to install a sunroof with his head halfway through cutting me off. LOL

It's a beautiful setup, do I ever want to build something even remotely close to it? NO, period...

I totally agree. A lot of work in there, and super neat. People may not like it but calling it "ugly" is somehow showing a lot of disrispect to the guys who built it.

I totally agree. A lot of work in there, and super neat. People may not like it but calling it "ugly" is somehow showing a lot of disrispect to the guys who built it.

No, calling it ugly is disagreeing with the color scheme and the case, has absolutely nothing to do with the workload. IMHO had he used a black case (the same one he used for the video I linked for example) I would’ve probably given it a thumbs up. To me personally white and RGB really don’t mix... hence ugly ;)

Regarding the workload to be fair we all seen too many watercooled setups like this (minus the RGB), honestly asking what’s special about it ? What have they done different that deserves praise ?

When I watch movies on my PC I don't like RGB lights in the back ground. I just seems it's getting harder to get components without lights.:mad:

Regarding the workload to be fair we all seen too many watercooled setups like this (minus the RGB), honestly asking what’s special about it ? What have they done different that deserves praise ?
well beside going TOTALLY overboard, this thing was expensive to make to such a degree that a normal/sane person would not want to invest in such a build. This in itself makes it special enough to be build by a reviewer (who gets the whole build sponsered). Also crazy attracts attention and thats whats Linus is good at, most of his videos are fun to watch. They are rarely informative, if I want that I watch something else.

Cleaned up the thread... please keep on topic. Any questions, RJ88....my PM box is open. :)

Think he is either drunk or using something else, last post you cleaned up looked like it atleast.

well beside going TOTALLY overboard, this thing was expensive to make to such a degree that a normal/sane person would not want to invest in such a build. This in itself makes it special enough to be build by a reviewer (who gets the whole build sponsered). Also crazy attracts attention and thats whats Linus is good at, most of his videos are fun to watch. They are rarely informative, if I want that I watch something else.

I came to this thread after seeing the video below so, again, personally i don't think the one OP linked is that special (minus RGB) ;) that said and going back into topic - too much RGB !!!

rgb rules! that rig is sweet despite the white. he did do a good job of running his tubing and hiding cables.

I hate it mostly because it makes products cost extra money. I'd rather have even $5 more performance or in my pocket than pay it for pretty lights.

Going to buy a classic green workstation mobo from Supermicro for my next build, although my Maximus 8 hero is pretty led free =P. Those shields they've been putting over mobos lately also gets on my nerves.

Mwuahahaha!!!

First world problem! ;)

When we start debating about leds on a pc, I think we simply have lost contact with reality... Which is sad...

And that includes myself, which brings me even more bitterness...

Back