• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why won't my firefox tab?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceRangerJoe

I decided to give firefox a try from opera yesterday. One of my favorite features of opera was the tabbed browsing. Now, I know firefox has this too, but it doesn't work like it did in opera. If I just click on a link that wants to open a new window, it wants to open another instance of the browser. I want all new windows to just open as a new tab, like it did in opera. Am I an idiot, and is there a simple option that I just keep overlooking, or is this not possible?

Firefox's "out of the box" tabbed browsing kinda sucks. To make it the tabbed browser of your dreams, you'll want to download "Single Window", or "Tabbed Browser Extensions. The first is specifically what you're looking for, the second has a ton of tab options including single window browsing.

JigPu

Back