• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will PC3200 work on PC2100 MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
If I buy some DDR PC3200, can I put it in my PC2100 MB and expect it to work? My thought is that it would be operating at a speed that is much sower than what it was made for. That ususally works. Right?

Just a Caution

Of course it goes without saying- Just be aware that great price is only after the rebate that expires Saturaday and the memory is Class 3.

Yeah, I got some PC3200 from America :D 512mb of KingMax super ram lol, I am hardly stressing it running it at far below stock (PC2100 speed.) I have had no problems whatsoever and you buy cheap PC3200 and it should still take anything overclocking a PC2100 system would need...

Thanks guys. I ordered it. With tomorrow being 'good Friday', I could get it on Saturday or Monday. Otherwise, I usually get it overnight via cheap ground shipping. I must be close to them.

Back