• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will this loop work? (H100 mod)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMG_20111202_185725.jpg

all done, doing some tests now but the arctic silver 5 wont be at its best for a while i hear.. like alot of hours

Well hopefully that is improving your temps. It definitely looks better than a stock H100 :thup:

h100modtemps.jpg

max temps on the right column, after hours of prime95 small FFT, 1100T @ 4ghz

i cant wait to get my two gigabyte 6950's back from RMA.. they came defective so i must use this puny 550Ti my friend let me borrow since i sold him my old superoverclocked 460..

i read a guide on unlocking the bios and flashing it to a 6970 even though its the 1gb model, apparently alot have had success with it...

well 50C @ 4ghz is nice. I may just pick up a kit to mod myself :D

Thanks for the pics and congratz on the successful mod :thup:

I am undertaking this mod on my H100 today :D hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours did.

Hey this is pretty sweet! Thanks for posting this while includeing the minor issues that you did have, now youve got me thinkin about doing this mod :D My H100 runs out of steam (or turns into it? ) at around 1.425vcore :)

hey yea good luck guys its really easy and fun to do! I'm around for questions kinda too

Hey this is pretty sweet! Thanks for posting this while includeing the minor issues that you did have, now youve got me thinkin about doing this mod :D My H100 runs out of steam (or turns into it? ) at around 1.425vcore :)

I am writing a guide for the frontpage. it should be done in a couple weeks. I read the other guides on the web but they were not detailed enough for me. Like there were no detailed photos of what the barbs looked like and not enough of a step by step for a noob to water cooling. (i am not one but for others it might have been more problematic)

hey yea good luck guys its really easy and fun to do! I'm around for questions kinda too

All done, just leak testing now.

very nice

pics!

for the record, the arctic silver 5 primed up nicely and temps dropped well enough for me to overclock another 200mhz.. so its 4.2ghz and the temps are better than they were when initially clocked at 4ghz.

i also got my two gigabyte 6950 1gb OC'd unlocked to 6970

i love my case, i can fit these foot long cards in here with room to put a fan at the end of them

IMG_20111210_003956.jpg

very nice

pics!

for the record, the arctic silver 5 primed up nicely and temps dropped well enough for me to overclock another 200mhz.. so its 4.2ghz and the temps are better than they were when initially clocked at 4ghz.

i also got my two gigabyte 6950 1gb OC'd unlocked to 6970

i love my case, i can fit these foot long cards in here with room to put a fan at the end of them

IMG_20111210_003956.jpg

very nice!! good job

lol someone posted this then deleted it real fast

Don't do it mate. The pump in a H100 isn't powerful enough to work except as in a closed loop.

Because its a closed loop water enters the pump/base plate at the same speed that it leaves it. Kind of similar to using a push/pull fan config on and tower heatsink, though that not really accurate either.

If you were to add air into the mix by adding a reservour that little pump will not have the power to push enough water through it.

Basically, if you want to go custom then build a custom loop. Don't mess up your H100 though. Any changes will just wreck it, the only thing you CAN change is the fans used with it.

it works, i made it work, many others have made it work, i guess this is why you deleted post but why even post it, they goto my email first =\

Too bad you couldn't measure the pumps pressure and such...would be interesting to see if it could handle another block or rad.

i have one loop
Trifire 5870 blocks
i7930 4.4 block
MB n/s blocks and with one pump and my temps are in the 30c idle on GPU and cpu is 35c, max it does up to about 55c

3x120 plus
2x120 res

Back