• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will this loop work? (H100 mod)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have one loop
Trifire 5870 blocks
i7930 4.4 block
MB n/s blocks and with one pump and my temps are in the 30c idle on GPU and cpu is 35c, max it does up to about 55c

3x120 plus
2x120 res

all that on an h100 pump? :sly:

I am writing a guide for the frontpage. it should be done in a couple weeks. I read the other guides on the web but they were not detailed enough for me. Like there were no detailed photos of what the barbs looked like and not enough of a step by step for a noob to water cooling. (i am not one but for others it might have been more problematic)

All done, just leak testing now.

Excellent, thank you kindly :)

I am very much a noob to liquid cooling, wich is why I have an H100 :D

lol someone posted this then deleted it real fast

it works, i made it work, many others have made it work, i guess this is why you deleted post but why even post it, they goto my email first =\

Yup, that was me. Seeing as you figured a way to get all the air out it worked though I didn't see a way to do so. My understanding was these closed loop coolers didn't have the grunt to work unless all air was out of the loop. Anyways, posted, and deleted.

My question would be more along the lines of why you'd see fit to comment on a post which was deleted even prior to feedback from others? Everyone makes mistakes, unless you've found a potion of perfection or something.

Likewise, as per most of my posts they're edited at least 3 times before I'm satisfied with them. That doesn't even accurately reflect what the final post was.

Last edited:
Okay, so your approach is obviously to double or tipple post.... Yes, I will occasionally edit for punctuation, though most of the time editing is about adding content. I will not post again unless someone else has first. Poor form.

Personal attacks are not tolerated here - communicate civilly or just don't bother pressing the Post Reply button at all -- David

Last edited:
i noticed that the small FFT prime test brings my cores passed 56C and the chip passed 61C so i stopped it, the stock H100 cant handle 4.2GHz torture test apparently but it was fine to play BF3 for hours without issue

i have heard that these Hxx units come with such little fluid, and about 7-8% air in the closed loop, that when you open them up and refill them with new tubes and lots of distilled water in a res. that you would get much more efficiency and obviously lower temps.. i saw alot of people doing the same mod's to H70 and H50's, none added anything more than new tubes, reservoir, and much more liquid to flow thru the pump and radiator

i hope i dont have to buy a new radiator because thats the whole point of this mod is to be thrifty :)

Hi All,

I just wanted to say i dont think this is true with regards to the amount of liquid in the H100 System... Maybe yours and a few others had some faulty units which were manufuctured with less liquid...

I have the AMD 1100T OC'ed @ 4.2ghz pushing 1.474vcore and i have the H100 with Push Pull set up two top fans are 2600RPM and the bottom fans are the stock that came with the cooler....

My ambient room temp is 24-26'c
PC @ idle is 20-23'c
PC during gaming and running multiple apps 23-40'c
Running Prime95 for 4h on Blended Test... CPU Maxxed 51'c

my oppinion,

Modding the H100 looks cool and awesome, i wouldnt mind the aweesome UV tubing etc, but as a stock water cooled system the H100 is absolutly Awesome....

Peace...

Hi All,

I just wanted to say i dont think this is true with regards to the amount of liquid in the H100 System... Maybe yours and a few others had some faulty units which were manufuctured with less liquid...
I have the AMD 1100T OC'ed

@ 4.2ghz pushing 1.474vcore and i have the H100 with Push Pull set up two top fans are
2600RPM and the bottom fans are the stock that came with the cooler....

My ambient room temp is 24-26'c
PC @ idle is 20-23'c
PC during gaming and running multiple apps 23-40'c
Running Prime95 for 4h on Blended Test... CPU Maxxed
51'c

my oppinion,

Modding the H100 looks cool and awesome, i wouldnt mind
the aweesome UV tubing etc, but as a stock water cooled system the H100 is absolutly

Awesome....

Peace...

I reciewed the H100 and it is a sweet cooler. But as for some of the claims you made in your post I have to say.

:bs:

If your room temps are 24-26C it is impossible for your idle temps to be below that. So 20-21c is impossible.

For what its worth, I installed the H100 into this customer's gaming rig last week... I ran multiple tests on it, and that cooler more than handled them with ease.

test4.jpg

I think its a great low cost liquid cooling solution!

rig13.jpg

Highest recorded temp all day from any of the tests was 66c I believe.

Rig specs:

Antec 1200 case
Asus R3E mobo
980x @ 4.2GHz 1.34vcore
12gb G-Skill RAM @ 1600 mhz / 1.61v

I would recommend the H100 to anyone wanting something more than an air cooler.

I reciewed the H100 and it is a sweet cooler. But as for some of the claims you made in your post I have to say.

If your room temps are 24-26C it is impossible for your idle temps to be below that. So 20-21c is impossible.

Sensor will read that way though, AMD temp sensors are nowhere near as accurate as intel's

@bmwbaxter
Thanx for the BS meter, is there any way i can prove what i mentioned?

A video maybe or a few pics?

Honestly if im wrong im wrong... i'm not saying im right.... im just saying what my temps say...

when i get home ill take some pics and show you, gimme 30min.

Even then if the temp sensors are 5-6'c below ambient, i still do not reach over 51'c with the stock H100... no Mod or any thing needed...

Peace...

I would reccomend the h100 too. It can take 1.4625v loaded 24/7 on a Gulftown :D

But not with the stock fans..

Tokae, thats a nice cpu man.

It's not BS Spliffie, don't worry about that meter. Whichever software you're using currently is just incorrectly displaying (or the sensor is incorrectly reporting) a reading below ambient. Nothing to worry about. :grouphug:

I would reccomend the h100 too. It can take 1.4625v loaded 24/7 on a Gulftown :D

But not with the stock fans..

Tokae, thats a nice cpu man.

Nice! I figured I could have pushed the customer's CPU to 4.6 or 4.8GHz even. But stability and time (lack of for testing) were my main priorities. Hopefully he is as happy with the setup, as I was installing it! :)

The Antec 1200 doesn't quite have the space for a total install. I had to mount it to the bottom fan only with 4 of the long screws. I also had to dremel out a piece of the fan shroud on the inside of the top of the case to get it up there without really forcing it into place.

See attached....

AMD 1100T @ 4.2Ghz OC on Corsair H100 Stock Fans on the Bottom and two thermaltake 2600rmp fan on the top for Push pull set up... also CPU-NB is set to 2800mhz

all is awesome, running Prime on Blended Test on ALL 6 Threads...

Attachments

• CPU-NB test.png
    CPU-NB test.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 77
Back