• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this MotherBoard support this ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It really all depends on your CPU's IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) if it can run those speeds. The board will do so. You can underclock them to get it to work, sure. They will boot to 1333 or 1600Mhz.

Why you bought those sticks(speeds) is another story, mobo too for that matter in that:

1. Outside of benchmarking memory over 1866Mhz really doesnt improve performance at all but the price skyrockets.
2. That board, is a great board... that out of the way, it was also overkill really unless you plan to benchmark under LN2 or something of the like. Basically it comes full of features geared towards that crowd that would not affect the air/water cooling group to which those that buy that board pay a HUGE premium for features they wont use.

Okay, so they will work ? Regardless of the Speed its losing will it still be good ram also I'm getting ( Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K )

Okay, so they will work ? Regardless of the Speed its losing will it still be good ram also I'm getting ( Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K )
I think we covered it will work, yup. Yeah it will be 'good ram', but so would ANY OF THESE for almost 1/3 the cost. Also, not that quad channel ram matters, but that platform supports it and you need 4 sticks to run it.

So you do a lot of heavily multi threaded work to jump on this platform or something? You spent a ton of coin!

Next time you want to make a purchase, may want to ask here first. I would bet the world we could have saved you HUNDREDS of dollars. :thup:

If you're decide to stick with that RAM, then you need to buy another same identical RAM for your mobo.
You just waste around $500 on RAM here man.

I think we covered it will work, yup. Yeah it will be 'good ram', but so would ANY OF THESE for almost 1/3 the cost. Also, not that quad channel ram matters, but that platform supports it and you need 4 sticks to run it.

So you do a lot of heavily multi threaded work to jump on this platform or something? You spent a ton of coin!

Next time you want to make a purchase, may want to ask here first. I would bet the world we could have saved you HUNDREDS of dollars. :thup:

+1 :clap:

I'm planning to sell them but I need a to run the system until I can sell them. Gotta find someone to pay extra c; As long as the Computer boots and I can use it i'll be happy. Thanks for the fast Response guys :D

Yes, it will work, just go in the bio and change the speed, but unless you're plan to benching, you don't really need that RAM
In real time, you will never notice the different between 2133mhz RAM and 1866mhz RAM.
I suggest that you return that RAM and get 2 of this kid instead
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233184
It will be more then you ever need

It won't do 2800. Absolute highest I can find for ANYBODY, ever, on X79 is 2500MHz, and that took extreme cooling and is one hell of a rare IMC.
Most SB-E IMCs nose over somewhere between 2200 and 2400MHz and will go no further regardless of timings and/or voltages.

Returning it and buying some 1866-2133 memory (four sticks) is a good idea IMO.

It won't do 2800. Absolute highest I can find for ANYBODY, ever, on X79 is 2500MHz, and that took extreme cooling and is one hell of a rare IMC.
Most SB-E IMCs nose over somewhere between 2200 and 2400MHz and will go no further regardless of timings and/or voltages.

Returning it and buying some 1866-2133 memory (four sticks) is a good idea IMO.

If the benching leader said that then it must be true, don't know if the op listen or not

Sure. You can run 'em at 1333 if you want :D
Is it not possible to return them to where you bought them?

Well what happened was they sent them and I never had the money in my paypal to buy them in the first place something went wrong in their side and sent me the ram anyways so if I return them I most likely wont get anything back so I'm better of keeping them and selling them my self. Free Ram. :p

Again, the imc likely won't make it over 2133 anyway. Imc, not the board really is what will be the determining factor (this was mentioned already above). Also, even if it could, there are no guarantees at all to make 2133 ram run 2400.

I linked what is essentially the most cost effective/best solutions.

The memory controller is not on the motherboard, but your CPU. Your motherboard has the option to set it at 2400, but that doesn't mean your CPU can support that speed and be stable.

Whether your CPU can or not is completely random chance of how good of a CPU you get.

This is speed though, not CAS Latency (which can improve performance). The sticks are 2800MHz at 11-14-14-35. Lowering these also improve performance, so you might be able to run 2133Mhz at 9-9-9-24 or so.

I am getting Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor ( Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 64 GB
Memory Types DDR3-1066/1333/1600
# of Memory Channels 4
Max Memory Bandwidth 51.2 GB/s
ECC Memory Supported No )

Back