• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this MotherBoard support this ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, since your ethical values aren't getting in the way of the sticks you 'own', sell em and get something around what I linked above.

I am getting Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor ( Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 64 GB
Memory Types DDR3-1066/1333/1600
# of Memory Channels 4
Max Memory Bandwidth 51.2 GB/s
ECC Memory Supported No )

I know what CPU you're getting :). I'm saying that not all 3930Ks are the same. Some are good overclockers, some are bad overclockers. Some have good IMCs that can run memory at 2600Mhz, some won't be stable at all above 2133Mhz. It's complete random chance as to how good of a chip you get.

(And considering Bob took some extreme forms of cooling to get to 2600Mhz...you're not gonna hit 2800Mhz).

Alright all of this is hurting my Head. To make it simple will the ram work ( I understand It won't run full speed ) ? Also I can take my chances and Overclock the speed it might default
it to? Meaning if it defaults it to 1333 and I get a good chip I can Overclock a bit ?

For the third time, the ram will work (at less than its rated speed as you know). :)

You can try 2133 or 2200 sure... But there are very few gains performance wise.

Alright all of this is hurting my Head. To make it simple will the ram work ( I understand It won't run full speed ) ? Also I can take my chances and Overclock the speed it might default
it to? Meaning if it defaults it to 1333 and I get a good chip I can Overclock a bit ?

Yes, it will work. Yes, you can probably run it at 2000-2133MHz.

There are also other ways and other options that you can change (latency) to get some of the missing performance back.

Okay then sorry for my noobish ways I just wanted to be 100% sure I will have a system until then c: Thanks for the Help guys. I'll make sure to post here from now on when I have questions. . . One last thing . I will still be able to overclock my GPU & CPU with no problems right? I'm getting a EVGA 680 SC+

Okay then sorry for my noobish ways I just wanted to be 100% sure I will have a system until then c: Thanks for the Help guys. I'll make sure to post here from now on when I have questions. . . One last thing . I will still be able to overclock my GPU & CPU with no problems right? I'm getting a EVGA 680 SC+

Yes, you can do that, on Earthdog sig there're a link to basic ocing your CPU, use that at a guide, very helpful.

Back