• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Win 7/64 Install help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Trying to install, it goes through first portion and restarts. But it is like it did not install boot mngr because it will not continue.
I have tried ssd and hdd. Same thing on both. Formated both each attempt. No idea what the problem is. Ideas??

Last edited:
Are these new drives or used?
When I run into a problem like that I usually try to DBAN the drive and try the install again. I find that even a format will not wipe the drive well enough.
Make sure AHCI is set in the bios before you start.

I just tried my Win 8.1 disc and it installed. Looks like a problem with my Win 7 disc.

I don't blame you there. :p
Just download another copy of W7. You can still use your original key.

Well after you disable charms as instructed, you can also select which start button and which start menu you want....

Since the is no UI difference any more - it becomes Windows 7 but with all the minor benefits of Windows 8. Can you post what specifically does Windows 7 do when it comes to how it feels that [Windows 8 + Classic Shell] does not?

Back