• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 reinstall issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I was wondering if you could help me with a Win 7 issue. I just reinstalled and it won't see my hard drive. All I can see in Win 7 is my SSD and my optical drive. I tried switching the SATA cables around on the mobo but no dice. Is there a way to make it so I can use my hard drive? I CAN see the drive in bios no problem and the SATA config is the same as it was when I was running the system previously, though I did switch the cables for the HDD and ODD for Win 7 installation to try to remedy a seperate ODD problem I'm having (but that's for another thread). So in short, the cables were switched for Win installation and the drive was invisible in windows, and now they're back the way they were before when it was working and the drive is still invisible in windows. I know there's a way to 'mount/unmount' drives in win 7 so if someone could walk me through it...

Also, I downloaded the updated drivers from ASUS for my mobo. When I went to install the USB3 driver, it said "your system does not meet the minimum specifications..." and wouldn't install. Everything else (chipset, LAN, etc) installed ok.

Also, when I watch youtube now, it's not as smooth and there is tearing (like when V sync is off in a game). Not much, but it's there. It also doesn't seem quite as sharp as before.

I've installed all drivers for all hardware including the latest Nvidia drivers (I told it I had a 500 series card and downloaded the latest).

Is this a secondary hard drive for storage purposes? If so you need to go to control panel/administrative tools/disk management and initialize the drive and format it there.

I found disk management but I can't figure out what to do

Untitled_zps5b2ae849.png

It sees my HDD as disk 1 and my SSD as disk 0 but I can't figure out how to assign a drive letter to my HDD.

Is this a secondary hard drive for storage purposes? If so you need to go to control panel/administrative tools/disk management and initialize the drive and format it there.
+1 for a new hdd.

Right click on my computer, go to manage, disk managment.

Yup it's doing it in MSIE and Chrome.

It's just not smooth. And occasional tearing.

I followed an SSD optimization guide online so that can't be it... Installed DX11.. All drivers are most up to date... I don't get it.

Its an option in the browser I thought...

And, you tried different drivers for the GPU, righT?

Well worth a 10c try, but i agree with ED its a option you need to find within the Browser!

"One guy says click on the video and turn off hardware acceleration... I don't get that option when I right click on video".

This is in the options with your Chrome Browser, which you can turn ON / OFF when you use Chrome it ramps up the Video Card!

So there is a option to switch this Off if required, the other would be too clear all old data / History which you can do also as well.

1, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=h...5.19630j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

With this option above if by chance it does not cure the problem, then you can turn it back ON!

AJ.

Last edited:
Back