• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 reinstall issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its an option in the browser I thought...

And, you tried different drivers for the GPU, righT?

If it's an option in the browser, where is it? I went into settings but couldn't find it.
I'm on the latest non-BETA GPU driver. I don't remember what driver I was on before I reinstalled Windows. What do you suggest?

Running out the door (softball game!)... apologies in advance... try google. I thought it was in the browser, my bad.

A different driver clearly... newer beta, older beta, older WHQL... just something DIFFERENT is the point.

I will check in later. :)

Running out the door (softball game!)... apologies in advance... try google. I thought it was in the browser, my bad.

A different driver clearly... newer beta, older beta, older WHQL... just something DIFFERENT is the point.

I will check in later. :)

How do I uninstall the current driver and make sure I get a clean install of the new driver?

(Can you tell I only understand hardware and suck at software yet? :bday:)

When I went to install the USB3 driver, it said "your system does not meet the minimum specifications..." and wouldn't install. Everything else (chipset, LAN, etc) installed ok.

Also, when I watch youtube now, it's not as smooth and there is tearing (like when V sync is off in a game). Not much, but it's there. It also doesn't seem quite as sharp as before.

Clear the CMOS and try again...

how do you uninstall a program?

(Add/remove programs)

I didn't know it was that simple. And that'll completely wipe the driver? I can install an older version after doing that?

Clear the CMOS and try again...

What will clearing CMOS accomplish in terms of it letting me install the USB 3 driver? Or were you getting at something else? (confused)

Did you get the chance to turn off hardware acceleration in chrome?
(Click advanced settings at the bottom of the settings page)

hd.PNG

As far as installing NVIDIA drivers, there should be a box during the installation process you can check to initiate a clean install.

Okay guys. Will look into this latest advice and report back. Sorry for being so thick skulled that I didn't see the advanced settings section in chrome settings. I'm a bit of an idiot.

Okay guys. Will look into this latest advice and report back. Sorry for being so thick skulled that I didn't see the advanced settings section in chrome settings. I'm a bit of an idiot.

No need to be hard on yourself :)

If it turns out you still need to do a fresh install of Nvidia Drivers, you can use the CUSTOM INSTALL!! Which allows you to check the box for a complete clean and fresh install, also you can select which items you wish to install as well!

Some say you do not need the Audio drivers and other Nvidia items with the older GPU Cards!

Good Luck,

AJ.

Some say you do not need the Audio drivers and other Nvidia items with the older GPU Cards!
Old/New.. doesn't matter. If you do not use the 3D vision, or HDMI Audio, or whatever else they cram in there, you don't (need to) install it.

I never, ever install those items. Driver + PhysX is all one needs on modern or old video cards. If you install it and don't use it, I would consider that bloatware. ;)

Correct ED just my old memory was having a brain fade at the time, so thanks for picking up the Ball! ;) :thup:

Speaking of Balls i hoped you enjoyed your game last night ED! :) ;)

AJ.

I tried turning HW accel on and off in Chrome. It made things even choppier when streaming video.

Sigh...

I'm gonna pack it in and give up on this for now. If I ever have the cohones to confront the issue I'll post back. Thanks everyone for your input.

Back