• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED win 7 ultamate 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinky33

I have 6GB of Memory installed, but only 3.2gb is being used. I remember this problem back when running 32bit OS. Not sure what the problem is now.

Shows 6GB under Control Panel/All control Panel Items/System.

Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1

Processor: E8400 @3.0 Wolfdale revision C0
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
chipset i975X

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

-Pinky

Last edited:
3.2GB being USED isn't a problem at all... Its when there is only 3.2GB available that there is an issue.

Also, why do you have 6GB? That means 3 sticks... on a dual channel board (so 1 2GB stick is running in single channel).

Did you check in "msconfig", under the Boot tab, Advanced Options button? The MAXMEM/Maximum Memory option should be unchecked.

EDIT: As EarthDog said, is 3.2 being used or is that the maximum? If the former, there is no problem.

It was memory remapping option in bios.

Thanks for info.

I am using one set of 2x2GB and one set of 2x1GB. It was free and its a gaming rig for the girlfriend.

I don't think you can dedicate that much to video... but that said, it was resolved a few hours before too. :)

Back