• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win 7 x64 install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tungureanu

(Russian) Member
Hello people. This is an embarassing question but, I whould like to know how to install win7 home premium x64 correctly. What is the order of installing the drivers? Or it does not make a difference. Should i install my apps before drivers ? I am only asking this because since i got my new rig i had to reinstall windows about 3 times:bang head .

install it to a blank drive, let it install all the drivers it needs as it will chose the right ones.

Then go grab the 64bit versions from the vendor of anything Windows doesnt pick up.

Simples.

Drivers are normally installed directly after reaching the desktop for the first time. And download the latest driverset directly from the component manufacturer, instead of from the motherboard manufacturer or through Windows Update. For instance chipset drivers from Intel, videocard drivers from nVidia, LAN drivers from Marvell, etc.

So i thought. But i have to install abou 80% of them manually. including chipset,video and lan.I was thinking does the install order count?

I should also note that Win7 natively supports the majority of devices out there, so for the most part it's just a matter of updating the current drivers after a fresh install. And although not absolutely necessary, most times it's best to have the latest driverset for a particular device installed. I normally update the videocard drivers first, followed by the chipset (Intel INF utility) and storage drivers (Intel RST), then in no particular order LAN, soundcard, etc.

Back