• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Pro OEM and Office 2016 Lifetime Keys at Up To 92% Off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alaric, I'm not disputing your assessment of this but do you realize contained in what you said in post #60 might be the real bottom line in all of this. You said, "If Microsoft wanted to invalidate every OEM key sold through these places they could . . ."

Exactly. Why do you think they have not? It's wouldn't be expensive because, as you say, they could just invalidate the non legit keys. I'm sure they could find a way of tightening that down with technology and would incur no legal expenses in doing so. But it's because they want everybody moved over to Windows 10 and it seems to me MS doesn't much care how that happens. In the long run, this saves them headaches and money if they don't have to support several different operating systems simultaneously. And that's where they want to get to. Also realize that Windows is no longer MS's cash cow. That is now Office.

I'm absolutely aware of that. M$ has been very astute at determining how far they can push the economics on a global scale and stay a monolith. That doesn't mean a certain percentage of individuals can't be left twisting in the breeze. If you buy an OEM key and have difficulties with it and call M$ they may just tell you to contact your OEM, who could be out of business by then. At that point the $100 you saved turns in to $20 you wasted.

At that point the $100 you saved turns in to $20 you wasted.
Good thing we have 5 cracks at it to break even... 6 before we lost out. ;)

I'll take my chances... have again... and WINNING. Tiger blood, yo. :p

:rofl:

Other than potential activation issues using OEM isn't a concern for most OCF members, we are our own OEMs. Lack of "official" tech support hasn't concerned me since I started dissecting XP in my basement. I do recall a time not long ago when "discount" software sites were in the same category as cracking, though. That was across most forums, and their discussion was verboten. I'm not (in any way, shape, or form) advocating for that, but I thought that since talking about them seems to be ok now I'd like to dig all the way in to it. While not Dark Web, it is in the 50 shades of gray... LOL

Last edited:
I'm still the impression all of these sites are total bs. im suprised techpowerup had that article tbh. or an ocf thread like this going on without being shut down. There is no way in hell MS is authorizing anyone $40 lifetime office and $15 windows. Do they work? Ya of course usually, but these sites gotta be rebranding stuff technically licensed to use for some sort of gov/org type entity. Ya you can buy a sealed oem windows disc with coa that installs perfectly fine, but you know they're either pulling windows 7 coa's off old machines and printing them on new fake stickers (yes while against the rules, 7 coa's from the recycling centers can be used to install perfectly working copies of windows 10 with the media creation tool). OR maybe their pulling oem embedded keys off dying motherboards. OR buying a boat load of licenses for a school some IT guy works at , then he resells them through one of these websites.. These are all my hypothesis. I felt like forum ranting, but I think its on subject with this whole thread. Don't blame ya if you delete this post <33 .. Point is this is MS and its too good to be true.

"Notes: You CAN'T upgrade from Home system to Pro system, You should download the windows 10 pro system first , after you installed it , then to activate the system."
This quote on their site doesnt make sense either.. Ive bought legit keys serveral times to upgrade 10 home without loosing any data. just enter the key - 10 minutes later the os updates to pro..

Last edited:
I'm still the impression all of these sites are total bs. im suprised techpowerup had that article tbh. or an ocf thread like this going on without being shut down. There is no way in hell MS is authorizing anyone $40 lifetime office and $15 windows. Do they work? Ya of course usually, but these sites gotta be rebranding stuff technically licensed to use for some sort of gov/org type entity. Ya you can buy a sealed oem windows disc with coa that installs perfectly fine, but you know they're either pulling windows 7 coa's off old machines and printing them on new fake stickers (yes while against the rules, 7 coa's from the recycling centers can be used to install perfectly working copies of windows 10 with the media creation tool). OR maybe their pulling oem embedded keys off dying motherboards. OR buying a boat load of licenses for a school some IT guy works at , then he resells them through one of these websites.. These are all my hypothesis. I felt like forum ranting, but I think its on subject with this whole thread. Don't blame ya if you delete this post <33 .. Point is this is MS and its too good to be true.

"Notes: You CAN'T upgrade from Home system to Pro system, You should download the windows 10 pro system first , after you installed it , then to activate the system."
This quote on their site doesnt make sense either.. Ive bought legit keys serveral times to upgrade 10 home without loosing any data. just enter the key - 10 minutes later the os updates to pro..

I thought that, too. I bit the bullet one day with a few bucks I could spare and got a valid key that activated the install in record time. The only hitch I see retailers are not supposed to selling OEM installs to individuals-they're for OEMs. It's in the EULA and MS will tell you the same. Since they've never really enforced it, that rule has become a "we can if we need/want to". So there is that tiny risk that MS will just say "no" sometime. In my experience (all I ever had was OEM installs) it's a really low risk, especially for $20 or $30 buy in.

just got a notification in my account @ urcdkey. the code is for win10 pro OEM its UKK which drops the cost to $11.74 ive no idea if its connected to my account alone or if it can be used by others. i have no need for another one so give it a try.

I got two Win 10 Pro keys on ebay a few weeks back for a couple of rebuilds. I bought one for $1.99 and when that one wouldn't activate the seller sent two more which both activated with no problems. So two Win 10 Pro keys for just $1.99! :clap:

That discount code no longer works as of this morning. Also, the check out process feels very sketch so I bailed on the transaction. MC/Visa was "not an available option in my country" (USA) and there was some weird error prompt that popped up when I chose PayPal that asked me if I confirmed but didn't make sense as to what I was confirming. No thanks.

The site I use has grammar issues with English, too (It's Vietnamese), but everything has worked out fine for me. Not that I'm encouraging anyone to leave their comfort zone. You take the precautions YOU need to take with your money.

Just tested this. You CAN upgrade to Pro using these keys but there must be a reason why they have that disclaimer. I wonder if there are keys OEMs use to activate any version of Windows? So if you use one of those keys the Home would just be activated again instead of upgrading. I know starting with Office 2013 the license keys started being encrypted so you weren't able to pull them via Recover Keys/Magical Jelly Bean.

Last edited:
URCDkey.com is out of MS Office and don't know when they will get more in.

Edit: Same story with Windows 10 product keys. You can still get both at kinguin.net but Windows 10 Pro prices have gone up there to about $27.

Last edited:
Where do you click to browse to Windows keys, if you don't have a direct link?
Where is Windows 8 key mentioned earlier in this thread?

I think they have a search tool on the website. If they ain't got it you won't find it. You can also use the chat help tool to ask.

So you buy a product key how do you install Windows 10 do you just download the latest version install and use the key, I am wondering if I should finally bite the bullet and upgrade to 10

Back