• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 and BOINC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
Well, I downloaded and installed the x64 version of Windows 7 on my laptop to play with and decided to migrate my laptop's BOINC install over. This is the 5.10.45 version (32 bit). After installing BOINC and copying all my original folder over, BOINC is happily crunching away. I had no problems with the BOINC client starting up where I shut down at in Vista and seems to be running normally.:santa:

:beer::beer:

Just an update here. I haven't run into any issues so far and I don't think crunching times are affected either with Win 7 compared to Vista.

Yep, running the public beta. I will be swapping the hard drives back to the Vista drive tomorrow because I will be going back to work offshore this week. I will just transfer the BOINC folder over to the Vista hard drive and everything should be good to go.

Back