• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 service pack 1 install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mphaker

Registered
Hello
I was planning to install Service pack 1 manually. The problem is I had Windows 7 on my C drive originally, but later I used Paragon Migrate to clone and align everything onto a OCZ Agility SSD, so my question is when I install SP1 will it install to the C drive on my original hard drive or my SSD drive? If it installs to my old drive what can I do to install it on the new one?
Thanks

Windows hates installing on any drive other than C:. Are you sure that the SSD did not inherit the C: designation and the older drive another letter?

@shadowdr: Yeah it didn't, because when I tried today the thing said to clean up my C drive which had less than 8 gigs left
@RGone: Cool, I'll give that a shot.

It will install SP1 to whatever instance of the OS you are currently running, no matter what the drive letter happens to be. If I remember correctly, Windows 7 also assigns the drive which Windows is running from as C:

Back