• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MMMMMMMMMM

Registered
Hey guys, today I went to turn my computer on and I noticed it was stuck at the black screen where it says "Starting Windows". I am going by memory and on a different computer now trying to find the problem. I let it wait for a couple of minutes and then it did a automatically did a repair, but it found no fixes. I clicked on something and I remember it had a list of checks from 1-7and #7 said something about "no operating system found" or something. I have tried doing a system restore but no restore points are found, tried to boot in safe mode it does not boot... I went into the eufi bios and the hard drive is still in the boot priority list, I looked inside my case at the motherboard (P8Z68-V Pro / Gen3) and noticed a red light was on the "boot device LED". I am wondering if my hard drive has gone died. It is almost summer and it has been getting hot inside, has my hard drive overheated? How can I tell if my hard drive is dead,and are there anyways of fixing a bad hard drive? MY I5 is currently overclocked to 4.5 Ghz, can this cause me not being able to boot? Should I buy a small hard drive and put windows 7 on that?

I am pretty sure it is still listed, I just checked and it is listed in the boot priority list, and I see it again under sata configuration.

Go to the HDD manufacturer's site and download a version of their 'tools' and put on CD/DVD and test your drive. You can also download Memtest86+ and put on CD and test your ram.

Back