• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Defender Scan - Needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I use Eset Smart Security and Malwarebytes. Is there any benefit at all to also allow Windows Defender to scan my machine?

I am more than slightly annoyed because I never enabled Windows defender and suddenly found it active. Unless it serves some additional useful protection I want to kill it.

I use Eset Smart Security and Malwarebytes. Is there any benefit at all to also allow Windows Defender to scan my machine?

I am more than slightly annoyed because I never enabled Windows defender and suddenly found it active. Unless it serves some additional useful protection I want to kill it.

I just kept it running it doesn't use much resources it does have a auto quick scan which on mine was set for 2am but I disabled that since my is never on at that time I just do a manual scan if needed and let windows update download the def files it needs which are 400kb mostly. I have Avast 9 Free, Spyware Blaster & Spybot SD 1.6 on my machine and I have never had any issues with it still being enabled at all I find it gives me a little extra protection in a small way.

Back