• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Router as AP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ilcrba

Registered
Hey guys, I live in the UK and I have BT. I have a wireless router/modem in one. I plug my phone line into the wireless router and it works as a modem also I guess. I have DSL.

I can get another wireless router for about 10$ and was wondering If I can make this into a wireless access point. As in can I use my main downstairs wireless router give my upstairs wireless router internet and have my other computers hooked up to the wireless router upstairs. This would prevent me from running a long cat5 cable. Thanks.

As long as that second router of yours that you would like to use as an AP has a "network bridge" or "network access point" function it will work.

Brian

Ive been reading and seems they dont have network bridge or network access point. And they also don thave WDS?

Does that mean I can hook a normal AP to my router?

Back