• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Woomack's memory test list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dude...you're a mean, lean, ram testing machine!!

Thanks so much for your efforts, guidance and non-stop contributions!!!
:attn:

Thanks. Soon will be 2 more reviews of interesting DDR4 kits :)

I know you're always looking out for me Manny. Ha ha

I noticed that DDR3 prices are lower up here now.
Kit I paid $87 CAD for can be had for $57 now. :-/

This due to DDR4?

Here's some preliminary results from the PNY 2800 CL 16. This is 3000 @ CL14 1.33v

pny 142.JPG

I think I finally figured out what's wrong with this board. Bad BIOS chip maybe. I was still having a ton of issues good settings one time no boot next time , readings in BIOS and windows weren;t jiving. Every time I tried to change cache/ memory it just wouldn't boot. So I switched to single bios and using backup. It's like a whole different board and using original F3 bios 125 strap now works and mem/cache adjustments work just fine. Guess I'll have to get in contact with Giga. One thing I still find odd though is this chip has a very low VID of 0.825v but still seems to take a lot of juice to run any speed. 4.6 takes almost 1.4v

13-14-14-@ 3000 1.4v

PNY13.JPG

There's still something not right with this thing. While messing with the ram it randomly started changing timings on me. Now it won't even boot.

Last edited:
Pretty good results for this voltage. About what my best Hynix can make ( but I have only 2 sticks ).

Pretty good results for this voltage. About what my best Hynix can make ( but I have only 2 sticks ).

I would do more tests but it may have to wait. I think this board is going to have to go back. I'm pretty sure it has more in it but only had an hour or so yesterday. Needs more testing when I can do it.

Hi All! :)

I"m trying to source info on my Corsair Vengeance Pro series 2133 16GB kit when playing with timings and voltages at stock Vdimm (1.5v)

My aim is to run these sticks with tight stable timings for 2000MHz and hopefully with no looser than 10-10(11?)-10-27 at only 1.5vdimm, could go to 1.55v maybe considered but want to keep the heat as low as possible because of the cpu & NB OC I currently have on the system in my signature. In my part of the world we are about to enter summer so our ambient air temps will be harder to manage... :eek: Would 9-10-9-27 be feasible at say or around 1.55v for 2000MHz??

So would this be possible with these sticks? has to be stable enough for heavy gaming sessions...lol.. :cool:

I found this page at Techpowerup but a lot of the links are in non-english speaking websites and google translate is OK but..... well, I think you all understand...:D

153704329 are the numbers listed just below the barcode on the packaging sticker, but above the model no.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Just found blank CD (such old tek now huh? lol...) running memtest 86+ v5.01 to see if those settings work.

Last edited:
I would aim for 9-11-11 at lower voltages but this memory can easily work at 1.65V. You can check what memory IC is inside looking at rev. number but I'm almost sure there are Hynix chips. There are many Hynix based kits on the reviewed memory list ( most of them actually ) so you can compare settings.
Regardless what is inside, it should work at about 2000 9-11-11 or 9-10-10. You may need to play with sub timings as on AMD all is harder to set stable above some point and auto settings may not work.

Thanks Woomack, I'll take all that into consideration.

For the record, successfully passed 1 pass of Memtest @ 10-10-10-27-40 with 1.50Vdimm & 2000MHz.

Update: pushing these settings produces 1 pass stability @ 2046MHz, albeit with 1.51Vdimm (set bios)

2nd update: Using 9-10-9-27-40 @ 2046MHz & 1.535Vdimm (set bios) passed another whole run of Memtest.

Last edited:
Back