• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World War 4 - The folding show down.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albigger said:
I agree with this 100%. Oh and congrats - I see you're about to break into the 800's in the rankings. I'm still trying to catch up (guess I'll have to find a few more computers or build another dually:cool: ).

Well as long as i keep on the kid to keep fah running after he decides on a stable clock (because i fixed his pc) i will have a 3500+ winnie up and crunching BP's for me which will be a nice ppd boost. :-D

nice to hear that WW4 is becoming a success, Seven scared me earlier, i was afraid it was going to be intel pwnage lol. anyway, great job guys, we need this to keep ahead of [H]orrible and OCAU.

CPU count is dead even. We are pulling the AMD guys in. I figure we will have them by sunset.

{PMS}fishy said:
CPU count is dead even. We are pulling the AMD guys in. I figure we will have them by sunset.

But don't our single cpu's with hyper threading count as 2 cpu's on the graphs? heh :D

Seven said:
Good question. I haven't seen that dude post in....awhile.
I want my hot asian chicks back.

I remember that guy used to have the avatar of Ueto Aya in "Azumi".
Yeah she's hot.

And, AMD will win without even losing the lead.
Too bad I got rid of my other system, it didn't overclock for sh*t so I just decided to sell it.

Pheaton said:
But don't our single cpu's with hyper threading count as 2 cpu's on the graphs? heh :D

Yes, so that means we are at a slight disadvantage if you are comparing CPU count. Seeing as how the AMDs can't finish WUs with out puking, and the various other issues they have, I think Intel can eaisly walk away with this one.

Sancho said:
Anyway to see the total Ghz of each team? Im new to this whole folding thing

Sorry, there isn't. I wish that stanford tracked what the specs were for each machine turning in the WUs, then we would know.

Looks like the AMD guys are pulling away in CPU count. We can't let them get too far ahead. I think I know where I can scare up 20 machine. Need to send some emails, and make a phone call.

Well, we borged one 1.8 ghz computer that can fold continuously.... as well as about 7 gigs of other computers, but we have to start FAH manually on those due to DeepFreeze being on them. The 1.8's got enough memory to run BP's though, so its crunching away at 600 pointers. :D

Added my rig for the amd side (been neglecting f@h lately, good chance to redeem). Also got my cousin to switch over with his 2800 a64. :thup:

Well it looks like the PIII wants to run tinker WUs now, oh well. but the P4 and AMD are chewing on 600 pointers :D. I feel like adding another 2 rigs in. Howabout a 2.7 Celeron and ~xp4000 :D

ls7corvete said:
How about some seperate names for this race???

Sevens gonna be reaping the benefits of all this folding going on!!

I could care less personally about this. But it is a good idea that maybe next races we have, we should make a Intel & AMD dedicated race Account. Team still gets the points.

ls7corvete said:
How about some seperate names for this race???

Sevens gonna be reaping the benefits of all this folding going on!!

Wait for the next race. I have an even grander plan for it. Nothing that can be done at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back