• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth buying a 212+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDragon1260

After picking up my Sabertooth 990FX board and 1090T X6 a couple of weeks ago i have been in the market for a new cooler to but on this beautiful processor. My original plans included either a WC system or a D14 but with the limited funds i have now and other things i have to buy i was wondering if it was even worth saving the $10 and getting the 212+ instead of the 212 EVO.

I see that the EVO has a much easier base to work with and the cost is very minimal to get a better heat base. So does this mean the EVO has completely phased out the 212+?

After picking up my Sabertooth 990FX board and 1090T X6 a couple of weeks ago i have been in the market for a new cooler to but on this beautiful processor. My original plans included either a WC system or a D14 but with the limited funds i have now and other things i have to buy i was wondering if it was even worth saving the $10 and getting the 212+ instead of the 212 EVO.

I see that the EVO has a much easier base to work with and the cost is very minimal to get a better heat base. So does this mean the EVO has completely phased out the 212+?

No not at all. The only thing that really makes a difference is there are no gaps in between the heatpipes on the bottom, unlike the 212+. As an owner of the 212+, I absolutely love it! It outperforms some $60 coolers! Definitely worth the 30 you pay for it. The EVO just makes better heat contact so it disperses the heat better. So I would buy the EVO just for better heat dissipation.

I think what he's asking is whether Cooler Master has phased out the 212+ in favour of the 212 EVO, in which case yes, they have. You'll find there's still a fair bit of stock of the older 212+ left and its pricing is somewhat better and the performance difference between the two is minimal.

Personally have run both of these coolers, just get hold of whatever you can get at the right price, both are excellent.

Back