• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would appreciate your input about the new parts I just bought

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

First and most important this may seem like a post like a pass post I posted about building a new system. As crazy as it seems every thread was about a new build and since it was a different build I created new threads, as I am doing now.

Monitors Please do not combine this thread to my past threads, trust me each one is a different topic and parts have been changed and then I finally returned most everything and ordered replacements and I also bought new video card,=.

If you still feel that you want to combine this thread with my past threads would you please do me a favor and PM me prior to moving this thread,I would appreciate it very much.

I got 2 DOA MB according to Asus which is unreal I have bought Asus for every build and never had one issue installing the MB.

After I was told that the ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO DDR3 2800 LGA 1150 Motherboard socket for 4th Generation Intel Core i7/ i5/ i3/ Pentium / Celeron Processors was bad
I returned it and bought a asus z-97-a and once again the asus tech told me the MB could be bad again!!!

I asked him what I should do I can waste my time and energy replacing MB's every week. I know what most of you are thinking, it is possible I didn't something wrong but after hours of tech support with Asus they suggested I eliminate everything since my issues could have been caused by the MB, Memory, or processor.

Good thing I shop at Amazon.com, Talked to amazon.com today and ask them what would be the best way to handle this. They suggested returning everything and they will send me a replacement for each part. That way we can make sure if the problem was one thing I wouldn't be spending a week changing out parts and returning them for a replacement,

See how complicated this is, this is why I ask to leave this as a new thread, This way when we communicate you won't be wasting your time reading my old threads when those have nothing to do with this new build.

I know it can be frustrated try to help when so many things are going wrong. Now that I replaced everything. I also ordered a new Video card, a EVGA GeForce GTX 970

Nothing is wrong now except I have to take it all apart and send it back to amazon.com,meanwhile they are sending me replacement parts and then I ordered the new video card which will arrive the same day as the replacement parts.

I will post any questions in this thread so this is why I pleaded to not merge thread combined with past posts.

This has been a mess, I will try once again to build this system and I am sure I will ask for your input once everything arrives on Tuesday.

Once again if any admin or monitors want to merge this thread with a past thread that was about the same issues (Building a new system) Please PM me before you do anything to this thread...PLEASE!!!!!

I will update on Tuesday when all my new part arrive.

Thanks
Ron

Moderators... not monitors. :)

So, to be clear, this is the same build, just version 3 or so after DOA motherboards(2)? Its ok, just want to straighten it out in my head! :)

Last edited:
Moderators... not monitors. :)

So, to be clear, this is the same build, just version 3 or so after DOA motherboards(2)? Its ok, just want to straighten it out in my head! :)

Sorry sir Moderator :cheers: Dog to be sure this has been a wild 3 weeks for me with this build. So it will be mostly the same with a few exceptions. But I will post everything on Tuesday when it all gets here.

I did decide to go with the EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC+ ACX 2.0, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP SLI Ready Graphics Card

More to come after Tuesday, and I appreciate you keeping this thread as a new thread so we all can keep things straight. I'll be the first to admit this has been confusing as all hell..

Dog, I hope you know I am only joking with you if I make a sarcastic remark to you :)

Thanks
Ron

Looks like you got some good past advice and top tier parts based on your signature lines. We'll try and help you get it all going.

Looks like you got some good past advice and top tier parts based on your signature lines. We'll try and help you get it all going.
Sorry it took me a few days to see your reply. Thank you for the positive words about my parts and the offer to help me when I need some help.

I know just enough to get myself in trouble, Maybe I better explain so the ones who followed my threads.

I've had a few build threads on here and was told in a nice tone to "not duplicate threads"

Most times I do but this has been a very difficult 3 weeks. I bought a bunch of parts and after building it I realized that something would not right so I called Asus and they told me I had a bad board. In fact they said that with everything I had it would be hard to tell which piece of hardware was causing my problems.

I called Amazon.com and spoke to a supervisor and explained the whole thing and Amazon was willing to take all the parts that I bought and send replacements, so all the parts will be new,not that the other were not new but now I know I got parts that were not in the last build.

So everything I have in my signature is sitting on my bench waiting to be put together. So I am on my 3rd motherboard which is very rare from Asus. I've always used Asus MB's and never had any problems everything ran fine right out of the box. Well this time 2 were bad out of the box and I'm hoping that this 3rd one is the last one. So the reason that I originally had more than one thread was because each time my build was a new build so I didn't want to post in a old thread and having everyone thinking I had the same parts.

EarthDog was nice enough to explain how to post so from now on I will keep anything about my build on this thread.

Thanks again for the good words

Back