• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this work on an AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KewlKid2000+

ok.. i dont really know where to post this, but here i go anyway.

This is my system Specs... below...

I want to partiton my cpu and use the microsoft xboxs os for 8 gigs, leaving the rest for xp.

Can xbox os work on my rig?

there are xbox emulators out, and having xbox OS on ur comp will not work because ur comp's hardware does not match xbox'x hardware.

I think so too... :confused:

Anyway, if you're trying to turn your PC into an XBox, forget it. There are so many factors against it, so I'll name just one: Drivers.

well he could write his own drivers, but by then mircosoft will have gone out of buisness, and we'll be in the next ice age

figured that, and so you would have to edit the os, which most likely either reads the drivers right off bios chips on the hardware, or has the drivers embedded in the os. if they are external u prolly could emulate their hardware location. i think the real point is why would you want to do this?

Just stick the XBOX hardware into your desktop case and play it that way. It would be next to impossible to do what your asking. Or, just use an emulator.

is there a downloadble emulator for the xbox/pc??? i reamber bleem for the psx it woekd ok for some games

it doesnt matter if u have AMD or Intel

it will not work , m$ will not let you do anything like that :)

on a unrelated stuff, anyone of heard of PS2 emulator?? :D

there are PS2 emu which are legal, but you need a bios for it too work. if u dont own a PS2 its illegal to dl or have a bios, but otherwise its fine.

Back