• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wrassling like Dusty Rhodes, The American Dream.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have been fighting a screen flicker then the click, phwoooosh of the rig shutting down all day long, every 10 minutes or so.
ran to storage and grabbed another psu, swapped them out, fired it up, just knowing I had it fixxed........no dice........
HMMMMMMMMMMMM...... gpu???? went and grabbed another gpu and swapped it out..................no dice
this is global, it's power........ go grab another power cord, feeling all smug and smarmy, fire it up.......... no dice???????????
after just dealing with it dying a few more times I notice the little light on the monitor even goes out, that's not through the psu................;
ran to garbage mart, on tax free day............. what a train wreck that was............. got a new power strip.............................................................................................................................................FIXXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would've gone for the monitor first and wasted a lot of money. Power strips are much cheaper than monitors.

my first thought was the monitor, but i looked down at the case, no lights, no fans.

Yet another use for LED fans.... *finds the relevance of another thread in this section* lol

And before anyone jumps to conclusions... Yes. I am drunk.

I would have blamed the AMD drivers first. Speaking of rasslin' , we lost Rowdy Roddy Piper this week. Glad your problem was an easy fix CD. :)

we be's losing a few of the older ones, dusty last year, piper just the other day, but he was only in his early 60's, I would think.

Back