• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x570 AORUS Elite: LF compatible 3200/3600 CL14/16 ram @ 16gb (8 x 2gb)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stealth3si

Looking to pair the x570 AORUS Elite mobo (reviewed by buildzoid) with some great memory (along with a 3700x and 2080 ti for 1440p/144hz heavy gaming + light productivity)

Does anyone know what ram works with this mobo?

I tried researching the following but I am even more confused.

G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL 14 - The ram qvl says it works with this mobo but the mobo qvl says it is not

G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 CL 16 - The mobo qvl says the ram is compatible but the ram qvl says it does not work

G.Skill Trident Z - Neither mobo or ram qvl says the ram works with x570 AORUS Elite mobo. okay.

Any other brands which work with this mobo that I should consider?

Thanks! :)

These new motherboards don't have big problems with compatibility. On my Aorus X570 ITX (I bet that Gigabyte tuned this board's BIOS the same as other X570) Samsung and Micron memory kits run at 3600 without issues, the same on ASRock X570. At XMP I was checking only HyperX 4000 with XMP@3600 or manual settings, and Ballistix 3600@XMP3600. I was also checking Samsung and Micron based 2x16GB 3000/3200 kits and both could run @3600 16-18-18.
Motherboard manufacturers can't test all possible memory kits but all of what you listed is Samsung B and these kits when rated at 3200 CL14 or 3600 CL16 are on good IC and shouldn't cause any problems.

ok, I understand Ryzen 3000 chips get a nice boost in peformance from higher ram speed. (i.e., 20%)

Is this improvement reflected in just benchmarks, or also in real world applications and gaming fps (and is the price difference worth the extra fps gain)?

It would depend on what real world apps you were using but generally speaking, compression and decompression of large files scales well with increasing RAM frequency. But most of us don't do those kinds of tasks. High frequency RAM will show well in benchmarks but not make very much difference in most real world apps. What I have gleaned so far from comments on this forum and others is that the newest Ryzen CPUs don't benefit as much from high frequency RAM as did the first two Ryzen generations. Take that with a grain of salt. I think there hasn't been much testing done yet with regard to performance improvement with high speed RAM since the gen 3 Ryzen platform is so new.

ok, I understand Ryzen 3000 chips get a nice boost in peformance from higher ram speed. (i.e., 20%)

Is this improvement reflected in just benchmarks, or also in real world applications and gaming fps (and is the price difference worth the extra fps gain)?
20%? Wow... maybe in some single application?? Otherwise...not much at all..
Read: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-zen-2-memory-performance-scaling-benchmark/2.html

GSkill Neo are the kits 'made for' Zen 2. I would look at those and stick to the motherboard's compatibility chart.

You should check this video out.

There is a big difference between 2133-2666 and 3200+ but it's really easy to cheat in these tests at 3200+ and try to prove that any theory is correct. Run Tomb Raider 4-5 times and you can get the same results at 3200, 3600 or 3800 regardless of CL. The same in some other tests. You can see that on the graph in link, 3200-3600 has +/- 3FPS average when the difference between runs is also about 3FPS.

The same as previous Ryzen generations, higher memory clock gives more than CL. AMD went with faster and larger cache to cover delays even more. Because of current prices and memory availability but also memory controller design and max IF ratio, 3600 memory seems optimal and it doesn't really matter if it's CL14, 16 or 18. Of course better if CL is lower but it's not so much important to pay double for memory kit.

Found another for the OP to compare. This is something I’ve been researching as well. I’ve decided on CL16 3600 personally. It really depends on the person and how much they are willing to spend. I think a builder has to consider the other parts of the machine as well. If you’re buying a 3600/2060 Super system, spending a lot in RAM for negligible FPS boost doesn’t make sense. If you’re buying a 3900x/2080TI system, going cheap on RAM and bottlenecking it doesn’t make sense, even if it’s just 3 FPS. That’s my personal opinion.

Is there any low profile ram @ 3600 CL14/16?

Otherwise, I may just get a 3200 CL 14/16 and OC to 3600 and call it a day.

That’s one way to go about it. Another could be to move the outside fan to the other side or to raise it for ram clearance.

What is the RAM limitation?
Due to the size of our cooler, PH-TC14PE with dual fans will cover over the RAM slots. The fan that is on the side of the RAM slots can be removed or move upwards for better RAM compatibility.
From their website. Sadly they do not give an official measurement.

Just released today.

The video summarizes, seems like 3600 is the sweet spot for x boards and high end Ryzen CPUs, and 3200-3400 for cheaper models. Would the 3700x fall in the former?

Last edited:
moving the outside fan to the other side will disrupt my exhaust airflow so raising it could be an option as long as it fits.

gotcha. will consider those rams for sure.

another question. The lack of bios flashback on this mobo should be a non-issue, yes?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

It’s really up to you but last I checked the price difference between CL14 3200 and CL16 3600 was less than $20.
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232530
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232194

That is gtk. I missed the 3600 as it was not listed under x570.

Found a 3200 CL14 for $30 less, sales ends in a few:
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232217

Will try to OC to 3600 CL16, if unsuccessful will go for the NEOs.

It does have bios flashback. Giga calls it Q Flash. Please let us know if you’re able to OC it.

It does have bios flashback. Giga calls it Q Flash.

oh, right. I was thinking about another mobo that I am also considering, which is the Asus TUF GAMING X570-Plus and has no bios flashback (or wi-fi).

Please let us know if you’re able to OC it.
will do but since I am in no rush I am waiting for deals/sales on the other parts.

Last edited:
Back